Aug 6, 2012, 3:05 PM EDT
Boston missed Jeff Green last year.
He was going to be their sixth man, the first wing off the bench, a key contributor before he was found to have a heart condition that required surgery. We can discuss how I think Celtics fans (and at first Thunder fans before them) overvalued Green, but it was still quite a drop off when he left.
Green is back next season, one of the reasons the Celtics look like they may be stronger than they were last season (put the usual “if they can stay healthy” disclaimer here).
Green has sounded positive lately and did again on the Heels to Hoops blog written by former Sports Illustrated swimsuit model Damaris Lewis (via CSNNE.com).
“I feel awesome. I actually feel a lot better than I did prior to the surgery. It was a blessing, and I’m doing better now.”
I’m happy for Green — that was a life threatening condition that could have ended tragically if not caught by doctors.
The Celtics have agreed to terms with Green but have not formally announced his deal. He will be overpaid at $9 million a year for multiple years — that is how much he was supposed to make before the heart condition that voided his last deal. It was nice of the Celtics to offer that much again. But he would have been overpaid last year as well.
Still, the Celtics are going to be better with him, and it will be good to see him on the court again.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 32
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 32
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 6
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 17
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23