Aug 3, 2012, 8:35 AM EDT
Anthony Davis is Team USA’s human victory cigar — when he enters the game you know it is over.
He could have entered into the game about five minutes into the USA’s record setting rout of Nigeria on Thursday. Actually, coach Mike Krzyzewski called his number in the first half…
And he couldn’t go in because he forgot his jersey under his sweats.
Davis ran up to the scorer’s table, but had to come back and sit down when he realized he never put it on after warm-ups.
The rest of the American bench simply could not stop laughing — Kevin Love and LeBron James were cracking up. Even Krzyzewski almost thought it was funny. Almost. Davis did play much of the second half.
On Friday, Love was calling out Davis for it on twitter.
NBC analyst, former Team USA player and current Sixers coach Doug Collins suggested that maybe more veteran USA players hid his jersey, that it was something his teams used to do to rookies.
Maybe. But either way it was pretty damn funny.
- Tony ‘First Team All-Defense’ Allen and Mike ‘Masked Assassin’ Conley lead Grizzlies to Game 2 win over Warriors 3
- Hawks unimpressive, but pull away late for Game 2 win over Wizards 0
- Mike Conley playing Game 2 against Warriors tonight 0
- John Wall out for Wizards-Hawks Game 2 tonight 3
- PBT Extra: Will Doc Rivers sit Chris Paul in Game 2? 0
- Tony Allen on MVP Stephen Curry: “It ain’t nothing I ain’t never seen before” 22
- PBT Extra: Grizzlies searching for answers, Mike Conley in Game 2 3
- PBT Extra: Hawks need to lean on starters more, hit open looks in Game 2 0