Aug 3, 2012, 8:35 AM EST
Anthony Davis is Team USA’s human victory cigar — when he enters the game you know it is over.
He could have entered into the game about five minutes into the USA’s record setting rout of Nigeria on Thursday. Actually, coach Mike Krzyzewski called his number in the first half…
And he couldn’t go in because he forgot his jersey under his sweats.
Davis ran up to the scorer’s table, but had to come back and sit down when he realized he never put it on after warm-ups.
The rest of the American bench simply could not stop laughing — Kevin Love and LeBron James were cracking up. Even Krzyzewski almost thought it was funny. Almost. Davis did play much of the second half.
On Friday, Love was calling out Davis for it on twitter.
NBC analyst, former Team USA player and current Sixers coach Doug Collins suggested that maybe more veteran USA players hid his jersey, that it was something his teams used to do to rookies.
Maybe. But either way it was pretty damn funny.
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 13
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 12
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 6
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 15
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29