Aug 3, 2012, 8:35 AM EDT
Anthony Davis is Team USA’s human victory cigar — when he enters the game you know it is over.
He could have entered into the game about five minutes into the USA’s record setting rout of Nigeria on Thursday. Actually, coach Mike Krzyzewski called his number in the first half…
And he couldn’t go in because he forgot his jersey under his sweats.
Davis ran up to the scorer’s table, but had to come back and sit down when he realized he never put it on after warm-ups.
The rest of the American bench simply could not stop laughing — Kevin Love and LeBron James were cracking up. Even Krzyzewski almost thought it was funny. Almost. Davis did play much of the second half.
On Friday, Love was calling out Davis for it on twitter.
NBC analyst, former Team USA player and current Sixers coach Doug Collins suggested that maybe more veteran USA players hid his jersey, that it was something his teams used to do to rookies.
Maybe. But either way it was pretty damn funny.
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 2
- Hawks’ excellent season shouldn’t be discredited because of playoff exit 19
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 72
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 21
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0
- PBT Extra: Will Dwight Howard’s foul on Bogut be upgraded to a Flagrant 2? Should it? 13