Aug 3, 2012, 8:35 AM EDT
Anthony Davis is Team USA’s human victory cigar — when he enters the game you know it is over.
He could have entered into the game about five minutes into the USA’s record setting rout of Nigeria on Thursday. Actually, coach Mike Krzyzewski called his number in the first half…
And he couldn’t go in because he forgot his jersey under his sweats.
Davis ran up to the scorer’s table, but had to come back and sit down when he realized he never put it on after warm-ups.
The rest of the American bench simply could not stop laughing — Kevin Love and LeBron James were cracking up. Even Krzyzewski almost thought it was funny. Almost. Davis did play much of the second half.
On Friday, Love was calling out Davis for it on twitter.
NBC analyst, former Team USA player and current Sixers coach Doug Collins suggested that maybe more veteran USA players hid his jersey, that it was something his teams used to do to rookies.
Maybe. But either way it was pretty damn funny.
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 17
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 25
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 30
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 40
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24
- Report: Lakers would still trade D’Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins straight up. Kings wouldn’t. 30