Aug 3, 2012, 11:50 AM EDT
David Kahn is right.
The Minnesota general manager thinks that if the Minnesota Timberwolves can stay healthy next season, they are a playoff team. He’s right.
Here is what he said to Brian Sansevere of the Pioneer Press.
If we stay healthy. We learned the hard way last year what that means. Last year, we were fighting for a playoff spot, and through two-thirds of the season things were moving on a nice incline. And all of a sudden, the world came to an end in a matter of a few weeks (after rookie point guard Ricky Rubio suffered a season-ending knee injury). If we stay healthy, we should be competing for a playoff spot.
Kahn brought in some good depth with the Timberwolves — Andrei Kirilenko, Chase Budinger, Greg Stiemsma and Alexey Shved (who has impressed playing both guard spots for Russia in the Olympics). Minnesota needs to get Rubio back because his creativity and understanding of spacing gets guys better, cleaner looks. They need those buckets. They need to play better team defense, too.
But Minnesota should be better this year. They should be a playoff team.
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 17
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 8
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 12
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 47
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10