Aug 3, 2012, 10:00 PM EST
All the talk of the 2012 Team USA basketball squad and how it compares to the Dream Team had me thinking back today to the 1960 Olympic team — a Hall of Fame team with Jerry West and Oscar Robertson among others.
Sometimes, we forget just how good Robinson was — career 25 points per game on 48.5 percent shooting, plus 9.5 assists and 7.5 rebounds per game. In 1962 he AVERAGED a triple double (30.8 points, 12.5 rebounds and 11.4 assists per game). He was a 12-time NBA All-Star, NBA champion, NBA MVP, gold medalist and the best wing player of his era.
So, enjoy some highlights to start your weekend off right. And remember LeBron James is more Oscar than Jordan in game.
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 6
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 3
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 17
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 46
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 45