Aug 3, 2012, 10:00 PM EDT
All the talk of the 2012 Team USA basketball squad and how it compares to the Dream Team had me thinking back today to the 1960 Olympic team — a Hall of Fame team with Jerry West and Oscar Robertson among others.
Sometimes, we forget just how good Robinson was — career 25 points per game on 48.5 percent shooting, plus 9.5 assists and 7.5 rebounds per game. In 1962 he AVERAGED a triple double (30.8 points, 12.5 rebounds and 11.4 assists per game). He was a 12-time NBA All-Star, NBA champion, NBA MVP, gold medalist and the best wing player of his era.
So, enjoy some highlights to start your weekend off right. And remember LeBron James is more Oscar than Jordan in game.
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 0
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 24
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 8
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 19
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 25
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 21
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 31