Aug 3, 2012, 10:00 PM EDT
All the talk of the 2012 Team USA basketball squad and how it compares to the Dream Team had me thinking back today to the 1960 Olympic team — a Hall of Fame team with Jerry West and Oscar Robertson among others.
Sometimes, we forget just how good Robinson was — career 25 points per game on 48.5 percent shooting, plus 9.5 assists and 7.5 rebounds per game. In 1962 he AVERAGED a triple double (30.8 points, 12.5 rebounds and 11.4 assists per game). He was a 12-time NBA All-Star, NBA champion, NBA MVP, gold medalist and the best wing player of his era.
So, enjoy some highlights to start your weekend off right. And remember LeBron James is more Oscar than Jordan in game.
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 2
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winers start with Lakers 22
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24
- Rockets vs. Warriors Game 2: Five things to watch 8
- Hawks face uphill climb after DeMarre Carroll injury 10