Aug 3, 2012, 10:00 PM EDT
All the talk of the 2012 Team USA basketball squad and how it compares to the Dream Team had me thinking back today to the 1960 Olympic team — a Hall of Fame team with Jerry West and Oscar Robertson among others.
Sometimes, we forget just how good Robinson was — career 25 points per game on 48.5 percent shooting, plus 9.5 assists and 7.5 rebounds per game. In 1962 he AVERAGED a triple double (30.8 points, 12.5 rebounds and 11.4 assists per game). He was a 12-time NBA All-Star, NBA champion, NBA MVP, gold medalist and the best wing player of his era.
So, enjoy some highlights to start your weekend off right. And remember LeBron James is more Oscar than Jordan in game.
- NBA Playoff Preview: Golden State Warriors vs. Los Angeles Clippers 0
- Are the Warriors championship favorites? Adjusting for playoff rotations says yes 4
- Son tweets Craig Sager has acute leukemia 9
- The Al Jefferson Effect: Now that the Bobcats are playoff-bound, how they want their big man to help next 6
- 2014 PBT Awards: Coach of the Year 25