Aug 3, 2012, 10:00 PM EDT
All the talk of the 2012 Team USA basketball squad and how it compares to the Dream Team had me thinking back today to the 1960 Olympic team — a Hall of Fame team with Jerry West and Oscar Robertson among others.
Sometimes, we forget just how good Robinson was — career 25 points per game on 48.5 percent shooting, plus 9.5 assists and 7.5 rebounds per game. In 1962 he AVERAGED a triple double (30.8 points, 12.5 rebounds and 11.4 assists per game). He was a 12-time NBA All-Star, NBA champion, NBA MVP, gold medalist and the best wing player of his era.
So, enjoy some highlights to start your weekend off right. And remember LeBron James is more Oscar than Jordan in game.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 4
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 27
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 23
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3
- Five lessons learned from the FIBA World Cup 10