Aug 3, 2012, 5:44 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points like 8-year-old girls love gymnasts.
• Really fascinating post over at Nets Are Scorching: How do you define hip? And once you define it, can the Nets be it in Brooklyn? These are the questions that keep Jay-Z up at night.
• Really interesting thoughts on Brandon Roy and how he fits in with Minnesota (our own Matt Moore did a killer job on this topic as well).
• Don’t look for rookie Doran Lamb to get big minutes in Milwaukee this season.
• Scottie Reynolds has signed to play in Italy.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 31
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 52