Aug 3, 2012, 5:44 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points like 8-year-old girls love gymnasts.
• Really fascinating post over at Nets Are Scorching: How do you define hip? And once you define it, can the Nets be it in Brooklyn? These are the questions that keep Jay-Z up at night.
• Really interesting thoughts on Brandon Roy and how he fits in with Minnesota (our own Matt Moore did a killer job on this topic as well).
• Don’t look for rookie Doran Lamb to get big minutes in Milwaukee this season.
• Scottie Reynolds has signed to play in Italy.
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 1
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 1
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 5
- Sad news: Craig Sager announces his cancer has returned 13
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 9
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 22
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 25
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43