Aug 3, 2012, 5:44 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points like 8-year-old girls love gymnasts.
• Really fascinating post over at Nets Are Scorching: How do you define hip? And once you define it, can the Nets be it in Brooklyn? These are the questions that keep Jay-Z up at night.
• Really interesting thoughts on Brandon Roy and how he fits in with Minnesota (our own Matt Moore did a killer job on this topic as well).
• Don’t look for rookie Doran Lamb to get big minutes in Milwaukee this season.
• Scottie Reynolds has signed to play in Italy.
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 7
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 8
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 39
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31