Aug 3, 2012, 2:49 PM EST
According to Brian Smith of the Salt Lake Tribune this is a two-year deal.
One key reason he likely made this call was minutes. Miles, just 25, averaged 9.8 points per game last season in Utah but on 38.1 percent shooting — both of which were steps back from his production in previous seasons. With that, his minutes dropped with the Jazz and he was expected to move on.
With Cleveland he should get plenty of run as they will start likely Omri Casspi at the three and they are up in the air with free agent Alonzo Gee. They have Dion Waiters to play some two, but there should be plenty of minutes available out on the wing.Well, there are minutes so long as Miles performs and puts up numbers (and plays defense, Byron Scott demands it). There may even be starters minutes if someone wants to grab them.
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 23
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 2
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 34
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 10
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 9
- Report: Rondo “open” to re-signing in Dallas, Houston if traded there 20
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 19