Aug 3, 2012, 2:49 PM EDT
According to Brian Smith of the Salt Lake Tribune this is a two-year deal.
One key reason he likely made this call was minutes. Miles, just 25, averaged 9.8 points per game last season in Utah but on 38.1 percent shooting — both of which were steps back from his production in previous seasons. With that, his minutes dropped with the Jazz and he was expected to move on.
With Cleveland he should get plenty of run as they will start likely Omri Casspi at the three and they are up in the air with free agent Alonzo Gee. They have Dion Waiters to play some two, but there should be plenty of minutes available out on the wing.Well, there are minutes so long as Miles performs and puts up numbers (and plays defense, Byron Scott demands it). There may even be starters minutes if someone wants to grab them.
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 7
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 10
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 43
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 30
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11