Aug 3, 2012, 2:49 PM EDT
According to Brian Smith of the Salt Lake Tribune this is a two-year deal.
One key reason he likely made this call was minutes. Miles, just 25, averaged 9.8 points per game last season in Utah but on 38.1 percent shooting — both of which were steps back from his production in previous seasons. With that, his minutes dropped with the Jazz and he was expected to move on.
With Cleveland he should get plenty of run as they will start likely Omri Casspi at the three and they are up in the air with free agent Alonzo Gee. They have Dion Waiters to play some two, but there should be plenty of minutes available out on the wing.Well, there are minutes so long as Miles performs and puts up numbers (and plays defense, Byron Scott demands it). There may even be starters minutes if someone wants to grab them.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 22
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 26
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4