Aug 3, 2012, 2:49 PM EDT
According to Brian Smith of the Salt Lake Tribune this is a two-year deal.
One key reason he likely made this call was minutes. Miles, just 25, averaged 9.8 points per game last season in Utah but on 38.1 percent shooting — both of which were steps back from his production in previous seasons. With that, his minutes dropped with the Jazz and he was expected to move on.
With Cleveland he should get plenty of run as they will start likely Omri Casspi at the three and they are up in the air with free agent Alonzo Gee. They have Dion Waiters to play some two, but there should be plenty of minutes available out on the wing.Well, there are minutes so long as Miles performs and puts up numbers (and plays defense, Byron Scott demands it). There may even be starters minutes if someone wants to grab them.
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 5
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 12
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 13
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 10
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 13
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 61