Aug 3, 2012, 2:49 PM EDT
According to Brian Smith of the Salt Lake Tribune this is a two-year deal.
One key reason he likely made this call was minutes. Miles, just 25, averaged 9.8 points per game last season in Utah but on 38.1 percent shooting — both of which were steps back from his production in previous seasons. With that, his minutes dropped with the Jazz and he was expected to move on.
With Cleveland he should get plenty of run as they will start likely Omri Casspi at the three and they are up in the air with free agent Alonzo Gee. They have Dion Waiters to play some two, but there should be plenty of minutes available out on the wing.Well, there are minutes so long as Miles performs and puts up numbers (and plays defense, Byron Scott demands it). There may even be starters minutes if someone wants to grab them.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 3
- Report: Lakers ‘actively discussing’ trade for Roy Hibbert with Pacers 22
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 78
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 57
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19