Aug 2, 2012, 3:25 PM EDT
It was the best game of the Olympics so far, and that is how it ended.
The run-up to that shot was amazing as well. First Alexey Shved (he will be with the Timberwolves) next season tied the game with a contested three and juts 30 seconds on the clock. Then Brazil’s Marcelinho Huertas answered, hitting an insane scoop under the arm of the defender, off the glass with English lay-up to put Brazil up 74-72 with just 6 seconds left.
Then that happened.
Hat tip to SLAM for finding the video.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 5
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 8
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4