Aug 2, 2012, 3:25 PM EDT
It was the best game of the Olympics so far, and that is how it ended.
The run-up to that shot was amazing as well. First Alexey Shved (he will be with the Timberwolves) next season tied the game with a contested three and juts 30 seconds on the clock. Then Brazil’s Marcelinho Huertas answered, hitting an insane scoop under the arm of the defender, off the glass with English lay-up to put Brazil up 74-72 with just 6 seconds left.
Then that happened.
Hat tip to SLAM for finding the video.
- USA sails past New Zealand for easy 98-71 win behind Anthony Davis, Kenneth Faried 2
- Ray Allen on making a decision about next season: “I’m not in any rush” 9
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 3
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 22
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68