Aug 2, 2012, 2:56 PM EST
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points like La La loves reality shows.
• Doc Rivers gets it — taking the public fall for star players is part of a coach’s job in the NBA.
• Ted Leonsis, the owner of the Wizards, has been answering questions sent in by the blog Bullets Forever.
• Ken Berger makes a good point at CBSSports.com — don’t forget in this entire “change Olympic basketball to an under-23 tournament” discussion that the shoe companies will play a role in the talks. The Olympics are a big stage for their players and products.
• Really cool graphic on where all the hoop players taking part in Olympics are from.
• P.J. Tucker looked good enough in Vegas for the Suns to give him a two-year deal.
• Andre Drummond is writing a summer diary/blog on the Pistons website. Interesting bit about how the team is working on him with the little things so that the big things will come (that’s not how he used to do it).
- Brook Lopez suffers broken foot, out for the season 21
- Duke’s Jabari Parker doesn’t back away from Carmelo Anthony comparison 10
- Michael Carter-Williams returns to Sixers lineup Friday against Nets 6
- Report: Bulls not looking to trade Luol Deng. Why would you think that? 16
- Kendrick Perkins tells Joakim Noah to “get your a– up out’ of Thunder locker room 36
- Kobe Bryant is out six weeks with fracture in the left knee (70)
- LeBron did foul Paul George on final shot but there was no call (VIDEO) (60)
- Chicago columnist hammers Derrick Rose as no longer humble star (56)
- Report: Heat have interest in Celtics’ Jordan Crawford (50)
- LeBron angrily goes after Mario Chalmers on the Heat bench (VIDEO) (50)