Aug 2, 2012, 2:56 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points like La La loves reality shows.
• Doc Rivers gets it — taking the public fall for star players is part of a coach’s job in the NBA.
• Ted Leonsis, the owner of the Wizards, has been answering questions sent in by the blog Bullets Forever.
• Ken Berger makes a good point at CBSSports.com — don’t forget in this entire “change Olympic basketball to an under-23 tournament” discussion that the shoe companies will play a role in the talks. The Olympics are a big stage for their players and products.
• Really cool graphic on where all the hoop players taking part in Olympics are from.
• P.J. Tucker looked good enough in Vegas for the Suns to give him a two-year deal.
• Andre Drummond is writing a summer diary/blog on the Pistons website. Interesting bit about how the team is working on him with the little things so that the big things will come (that’s not how he used to do it).
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 31
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 49
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4