Aug 2, 2012, 2:56 PM EST
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points like La La loves reality shows.
• Doc Rivers gets it — taking the public fall for star players is part of a coach’s job in the NBA.
• Ted Leonsis, the owner of the Wizards, has been answering questions sent in by the blog Bullets Forever.
• Ken Berger makes a good point at CBSSports.com — don’t forget in this entire “change Olympic basketball to an under-23 tournament” discussion that the shoe companies will play a role in the talks. The Olympics are a big stage for their players and products.
• Really cool graphic on where all the hoop players taking part in Olympics are from.
• P.J. Tucker looked good enough in Vegas for the Suns to give him a two-year deal.
• Andre Drummond is writing a summer diary/blog on the Pistons website. Interesting bit about how the team is working on him with the little things so that the big things will come (that’s not how he used to do it).
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 3
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 30