Aug 2, 2012, 2:56 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points like La La loves reality shows.
• Doc Rivers gets it — taking the public fall for star players is part of a coach’s job in the NBA.
• Ted Leonsis, the owner of the Wizards, has been answering questions sent in by the blog Bullets Forever.
• Ken Berger makes a good point at CBSSports.com — don’t forget in this entire “change Olympic basketball to an under-23 tournament” discussion that the shoe companies will play a role in the talks. The Olympics are a big stage for their players and products.
• Really cool graphic on where all the hoop players taking part in Olympics are from.
• P.J. Tucker looked good enough in Vegas for the Suns to give him a two-year deal.
• Andre Drummond is writing a summer diary/blog on the Pistons website. Interesting bit about how the team is working on him with the little things so that the big things will come (that’s not how he used to do it).
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 0
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 5
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18
- Bulls pull away in double-overtime to take 3-0 lead over Bucks 10
- LeBron James lifts Kyrie Irving and Cavaliers to 3-0 lead over Celtics 13
- PBT Extra: Thin bench becomes big issue for Clippers against Spurs 7