Aug 2, 2012, 2:56 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points like La La loves reality shows.
• Doc Rivers gets it — taking the public fall for star players is part of a coach’s job in the NBA.
• Ted Leonsis, the owner of the Wizards, has been answering questions sent in by the blog Bullets Forever.
• Ken Berger makes a good point at CBSSports.com — don’t forget in this entire “change Olympic basketball to an under-23 tournament” discussion that the shoe companies will play a role in the talks. The Olympics are a big stage for their players and products.
• Really cool graphic on where all the hoop players taking part in Olympics are from.
• P.J. Tucker looked good enough in Vegas for the Suns to give him a two-year deal.
• Andre Drummond is writing a summer diary/blog on the Pistons website. Interesting bit about how the team is working on him with the little things so that the big things will come (that’s not how he used to do it).
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 4
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 16
- FIBA World Cup USA vs. Serbia preview: Serbia no pushover but Americans should grab gold 4
- France beats Lithuania to win World Cup bronze 6
- Carmelo Anthony says nobody would want to play for Hawks 20
- Rudy Gay upset over ‘dirty play’ that caused him to suffer a fractured jaw in Team USA’s win over Lithuania 17
- Serbia holds off furious French comeback, wins to advance to gold medal game vs. USA 4
- Hawks GM Danny Ferry releases statement on his leave of absence, apologizes again 6