Aug 2, 2012, 12:47 PM EST
So how about a little change of pace? Marc Stein of ESPN tweeted out this rumor from London.
Hearing out of Brazil camp that they believe Lakers have interest in free-agent Leandro Barbosa… Question is how much Lakers, w/only 13 contracts but WELL into tax territory, have to spend. Brazil also worried Barbosa might be pressing
Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak has said that he is only signing players for the veteran minimum the rest of the way out. He’s certainly not going to break that plan for Barbosa. This is the time of year when a lot of players keep hoping for a bigger payday before settling for the minimum, which may be the case here.
Barbosa averaged 8.9 points per game and shot 42 percent from three last season for Indiana, and he played about 20 minutes a game in the playoffs (although his shooting numbers fell well off).
He’d make a nice change-of-pace point for the Lakers off the bench. But already over the tax line, the Lakers are not going to pay a lot to get him.
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 1
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 10
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 33
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 16
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 30
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 10