Aug 2, 2012, 12:47 PM EDT
So how about a little change of pace? Marc Stein of ESPN tweeted out this rumor from London.
Hearing out of Brazil camp that they believe Lakers have interest in free-agent Leandro Barbosa… Question is how much Lakers, w/only 13 contracts but WELL into tax territory, have to spend. Brazil also worried Barbosa might be pressing
Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak has said that he is only signing players for the veteran minimum the rest of the way out. He’s certainly not going to break that plan for Barbosa. This is the time of year when a lot of players keep hoping for a bigger payday before settling for the minimum, which may be the case here.
Barbosa averaged 8.9 points per game and shot 42 percent from three last season for Indiana, and he played about 20 minutes a game in the playoffs (although his shooting numbers fell well off).
He’d make a nice change-of-pace point for the Lakers off the bench. But already over the tax line, the Lakers are not going to pay a lot to get him.
- Timberwolves run newspaper ad announcing Kevin Love-Andrew Wiggins trade with Cavaliers 0
- Steve Nash called Kobe Bryant a “mother f****** a******” but in a good way 3
- USA Basketball announces 12 man roster for World Cup; Parsons, Hayward, Lillard, Korver cut 22
- USA Basketball cruises to exhibition win over Puerto Rico with final roster cuts looming 1
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 79
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54