Aug 2, 2012, 12:47 PM EDT
So how about a little change of pace? Marc Stein of ESPN tweeted out this rumor from London.
Hearing out of Brazil camp that they believe Lakers have interest in free-agent Leandro Barbosa… Question is how much Lakers, w/only 13 contracts but WELL into tax territory, have to spend. Brazil also worried Barbosa might be pressing
Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak has said that he is only signing players for the veteran minimum the rest of the way out. He’s certainly not going to break that plan for Barbosa. This is the time of year when a lot of players keep hoping for a bigger payday before settling for the minimum, which may be the case here.
Barbosa averaged 8.9 points per game and shot 42 percent from three last season for Indiana, and he played about 20 minutes a game in the playoffs (although his shooting numbers fell well off).
He’d make a nice change-of-pace point for the Lakers off the bench. But already over the tax line, the Lakers are not going to pay a lot to get him.
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 2
- Hawks’ excellent season shouldn’t be discredited because of playoff exit 24
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 75
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 22
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0
- PBT Extra: Will Dwight Howard’s foul on Bogut be upgraded to a Flagrant 2? Should it? 13