Aug 2, 2012, 12:47 PM EDT
So how about a little change of pace? Marc Stein of ESPN tweeted out this rumor from London.
Hearing out of Brazil camp that they believe Lakers have interest in free-agent Leandro Barbosa… Question is how much Lakers, w/only 13 contracts but WELL into tax territory, have to spend. Brazil also worried Barbosa might be pressing
Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak has said that he is only signing players for the veteran minimum the rest of the way out. He’s certainly not going to break that plan for Barbosa. This is the time of year when a lot of players keep hoping for a bigger payday before settling for the minimum, which may be the case here.
Barbosa averaged 8.9 points per game and shot 42 percent from three last season for Indiana, and he played about 20 minutes a game in the playoffs (although his shooting numbers fell well off).
He’d make a nice change-of-pace point for the Lakers off the bench. But already over the tax line, the Lakers are not going to pay a lot to get him.
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 2
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 13
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 23
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winners start with Lakers 24