Aug 2, 2012, 5:22 PM EST
The Knicks would like to add a backup power forward to the roster, someone who can come in off the bench and give them some energy, defense and a few points.
Regarding Kenyon Martin, out of available PFs, he’d make most sense for NYK. Versatile, knows Melo/JR. But source says won’t sign for min.
The Knicks are only really handing out minimum deals the rest of the way, as are most teams at this point in the summer. Rosters are pretty much set and there are only a few spots on a few teams for more than the minimum.
Martin’s options are drying up — the Warriors were interested but they signed Carl Landry, and the Clippers have moved on. Martin can wait this out until training camp starts, looking for some team to give him a piece of their mid-level exception. But he may have some less than ideal options to choose from when it comes time.
- Kobe is back but loss to Raptors shows Lakers still have a lot of work to do 3
- Sunday night NBA Grades: Rudy Gay traded to Kings, Kobe returns for Lakers 1
- Expect to see facilitator Kobe in his return to Lakers 5
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players 25
- Knicks lose by 41 points at home to Celtics 24
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)