Aug 2, 2012, 5:22 PM EDT
The Knicks would like to add a backup power forward to the roster, someone who can come in off the bench and give them some energy, defense and a few points.
Regarding Kenyon Martin, out of available PFs, he’d make most sense for NYK. Versatile, knows Melo/JR. But source says won’t sign for min.
The Knicks are only really handing out minimum deals the rest of the way, as are most teams at this point in the summer. Rosters are pretty much set and there are only a few spots on a few teams for more than the minimum.
Martin’s options are drying up — the Warriors were interested but they signed Carl Landry, and the Clippers have moved on. Martin can wait this out until training camp starts, looking for some team to give him a piece of their mid-level exception. But he may have some less than ideal options to choose from when it comes time.
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 4
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 40
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 40
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 23
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 19
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29