Aug 2, 2012, 5:22 PM EDT
The Knicks would like to add a backup power forward to the roster, someone who can come in off the bench and give them some energy, defense and a few points.
Regarding Kenyon Martin, out of available PFs, he’d make most sense for NYK. Versatile, knows Melo/JR. But source says won’t sign for min.
The Knicks are only really handing out minimum deals the rest of the way, as are most teams at this point in the summer. Rosters are pretty much set and there are only a few spots on a few teams for more than the minimum.
Martin’s options are drying up — the Warriors were interested but they signed Carl Landry, and the Clippers have moved on. Martin can wait this out until training camp starts, looking for some team to give him a piece of their mid-level exception. But he may have some less than ideal options to choose from when it comes time.
- Report: Trevor Ariza to sign 4-year, $32 million deal with Rockets 33
- Pau Gasol tweets he has chosen to play for Bulls. Only question is will it be sign-and-trade or not. 49
- LeBron James’ contract two years, $42 million with Cavaliers. That doesn’t mean he’s leaving. 35
- LeBron returns to Cleveland a more efficient, mature player that can take team further 35
- Andrew Wiggins, Jabari Parker shine in head-to-head Summer League matchup 19
- Posnanski: LeBron James proves he’s a true Clevelander 58
- Report: Isaiah Thomas headed to Phoenix Suns in a sign-and-trade 40
- Report: Chris Bosh re-signing with Heat over joining Rockets 89