Aug 2, 2012, 5:22 PM EDT
The Knicks would like to add a backup power forward to the roster, someone who can come in off the bench and give them some energy, defense and a few points.
Regarding Kenyon Martin, out of available PFs, he’d make most sense for NYK. Versatile, knows Melo/JR. But source says won’t sign for min.
The Knicks are only really handing out minimum deals the rest of the way, as are most teams at this point in the summer. Rosters are pretty much set and there are only a few spots on a few teams for more than the minimum.
Martin’s options are drying up — the Warriors were interested but they signed Carl Landry, and the Clippers have moved on. Martin can wait this out until training camp starts, looking for some team to give him a piece of their mid-level exception. But he may have some less than ideal options to choose from when it comes time.
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 6
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 11
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 6
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 5
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 3
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 6
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3