Aug 2, 2012, 5:22 PM EDT
The Knicks would like to add a backup power forward to the roster, someone who can come in off the bench and give them some energy, defense and a few points.
Regarding Kenyon Martin, out of available PFs, he’d make most sense for NYK. Versatile, knows Melo/JR. But source says won’t sign for min.
The Knicks are only really handing out minimum deals the rest of the way, as are most teams at this point in the summer. Rosters are pretty much set and there are only a few spots on a few teams for more than the minimum.
Martin’s options are drying up — the Warriors were interested but they signed Carl Landry, and the Clippers have moved on. Martin can wait this out until training camp starts, looking for some team to give him a piece of their mid-level exception. But he may have some less than ideal options to choose from when it comes time.
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker suspended one game for blow to head of Blake Griffin 5
- Vogel: Andrew Bynum to play for Indiana Pacers Tuesday night 14
- Report: Phil Jackson expected to finalize contract with Knicks by end of week 32
- The Extra Pass: Gerald Green doesn’t regret moment of his winding journey to NBA stardom 11
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 10