Aug 2, 2012, 4:49 PM EDT
We’ve known about Stiemsma coming to Minnesota for a while, but he officially put pen to paper on Thursday and was introduced to the Minnesota media. This is a two-year deal although there is a team option for the second year.
Stiemsma will come off the bench behind Nikola Pekovic, where he’ll blocks some shots, pick up some fouls and generally work really hard. All of which will win him fans. Just like in Boston they will love the Wisconsin native.
This is a great fit for the Wolves, it’s one of a few roster upgrades they have made this summer (adding Brandon Roy, plus Chase Budinger and more). This is a borderline playoff team in the West if they can stay healthy and come together under Rick Adelman. Well, that and play some defense. Which is where Stiemsma helps out.
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 27
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 7
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 18