Aug 2, 2012, 4:49 PM EDT
We’ve known about Stiemsma coming to Minnesota for a while, but he officially put pen to paper on Thursday and was introduced to the Minnesota media. This is a two-year deal although there is a team option for the second year.
Stiemsma will come off the bench behind Nikola Pekovic, where he’ll blocks some shots, pick up some fouls and generally work really hard. All of which will win him fans. Just like in Boston they will love the Wisconsin native.
This is a great fit for the Wolves, it’s one of a few roster upgrades they have made this summer (adding Brandon Roy, plus Chase Budinger and more). This is a borderline playoff team in the West if they can stay healthy and come together under Rick Adelman. Well, that and play some defense. Which is where Stiemsma helps out.
- Lakers, Knicks struggle on hectic first day of free agency 0
- Trail Blazers assistant coach: ‘We didn’t publicize it, but we lost LaMarcus Aldridge’ 1
- Who is left on the board after wild first day of NBA free agency? 9
- Report: Warriors, Draymond Green agree to five-year, $85 million deal 17
- 76ers get Nik Stauskas, first-rounder in salary-dump trade with Kings 48
- Report: Pelicans finalizing deal with Omer Asik 3
- Reports: Paul Pierce agrees to three-year, $10 million contract with Los Angeles Clippers 23
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 110