Aug 2, 2012, 4:49 PM EST
We’ve known about Stiemsma coming to Minnesota for a while, but he officially put pen to paper on Thursday and was introduced to the Minnesota media. This is a two-year deal although there is a team option for the second year.
Stiemsma will come off the bench behind Nikola Pekovic, where he’ll blocks some shots, pick up some fouls and generally work really hard. All of which will win him fans. Just like in Boston they will love the Wisconsin native.
This is a great fit for the Wolves, it’s one of a few roster upgrades they have made this summer (adding Brandon Roy, plus Chase Budinger and more). This is a borderline playoff team in the West if they can stay healthy and come together under Rick Adelman. Well, that and play some defense. Which is where Stiemsma helps out.
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Kobe plays pretty well, Suns’ backcourt plays better 0
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat 14
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 25
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 12
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark 55
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (55)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade (35)
- Fan wanders onto court while game is going on during Cavaliers-Clippers (VIDEO) (34)