Aug 2, 2012, 4:49 PM EST
We’ve known about Stiemsma coming to Minnesota for a while, but he officially put pen to paper on Thursday and was introduced to the Minnesota media. This is a two-year deal although there is a team option for the second year.
Stiemsma will come off the bench behind Nikola Pekovic, where he’ll blocks some shots, pick up some fouls and generally work really hard. All of which will win him fans. Just like in Boston they will love the Wisconsin native.
This is a great fit for the Wolves, it’s one of a few roster upgrades they have made this summer (adding Brandon Roy, plus Chase Budinger and more). This is a borderline playoff team in the West if they can stay healthy and come together under Rick Adelman. Well, that and play some defense. Which is where Stiemsma helps out.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 9
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 22
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 12
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15