Aug 2, 2012, 4:49 PM EDT
We’ve known about Stiemsma coming to Minnesota for a while, but he officially put pen to paper on Thursday and was introduced to the Minnesota media. This is a two-year deal although there is a team option for the second year.
Stiemsma will come off the bench behind Nikola Pekovic, where he’ll blocks some shots, pick up some fouls and generally work really hard. All of which will win him fans. Just like in Boston they will love the Wisconsin native.
This is a great fit for the Wolves, it’s one of a few roster upgrades they have made this summer (adding Brandon Roy, plus Chase Budinger and more). This is a borderline playoff team in the West if they can stay healthy and come together under Rick Adelman. Well, that and play some defense. Which is where Stiemsma helps out.
- LeBron scores 36, Cavaliers bounce back to get overtime win over Bulls 4
- Ricky Rubio agrees to 4-year, $55 million contract extension with Timberwolves 6
- Report: Warriors agree to four-year, $70 million extension with Klay Thompson 13
- Can Thunder, without Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook, overcome their first identity crisis? 13
- Jazz guard Alec Burks signs contract extension worth $42 million-$45 million 11
- Thursday night NBA Winners/Losers: The injury gods show Thunder no mercy 12
- No Durant, Westbrook goes down, Thunder still make it interesting but fall to Clippers 2
- Thunder’s Russell Westbrook fractures hand, likely out 4-6 weeks 10