Aug 1, 2012, 3:15 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points like Eminem likes facebook.
• The Bulls are done adding to the roster… except maybe Tracy McGrady, according to K.C. Johnson of the Chicago Tribune. McGrady wouldn’t really help the Bulls much but would be inexpensive and get some fans fired up. That seems to fit in with the rest of the Bulls’ summer.
• There’s a rumor out there (tied to the Dwight Howard trade rumors) that the new Brook Lopez contract has a 15 percent trade kicker. It doesn’t. First, the Nets deny it. Second, you can’t put a trade kicker on a max contract anyway. You cannot make more than the max.
• In case you didn’t notice, Tyson Chandler aggravated an old dislocated a finger injury during the USA’s victory over Tunisia. Probably banged it on the rim doing a dunk. He had ice on it on the bench, but it does not seem to be anything serious, he’ll play against Nigeria Thursday.
• Team USA has Wednesday off. No practices or meetings.
• Back in the day, Larry Brown cut Gregg Popovich. Twice.
• Blazers GM Neil Olshey says his team has 80 percent of its starting five in place. Which implies they are still looking for a starting center.
• The Golden State Warriors owners are pushing ahead with plans for an arena in San Francisco, but it is going to be smaller and more intimate than their current home, the Oracle Arena.
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 22
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 21
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 26
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2