Aug 1, 2012, 3:15 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points like Eminem likes facebook.
• The Bulls are done adding to the roster… except maybe Tracy McGrady, according to K.C. Johnson of the Chicago Tribune. McGrady wouldn’t really help the Bulls much but would be inexpensive and get some fans fired up. That seems to fit in with the rest of the Bulls’ summer.
• There’s a rumor out there (tied to the Dwight Howard trade rumors) that the new Brook Lopez contract has a 15 percent trade kicker. It doesn’t. First, the Nets deny it. Second, you can’t put a trade kicker on a max contract anyway. You cannot make more than the max.
• In case you didn’t notice, Tyson Chandler aggravated an old dislocated a finger injury during the USA’s victory over Tunisia. Probably banged it on the rim doing a dunk. He had ice on it on the bench, but it does not seem to be anything serious, he’ll play against Nigeria Thursday.
• Team USA has Wednesday off. No practices or meetings.
• Back in the day, Larry Brown cut Gregg Popovich. Twice.
• Blazers GM Neil Olshey says his team has 80 percent of its starting five in place. Which implies they are still looking for a starting center.
• The Golden State Warriors owners are pushing ahead with plans for an arena in San Francisco, but it is going to be smaller and more intimate than their current home, the Oracle Arena.
- Tony ‘First Team All-Defense’ Allen and Mike ‘Masked Assassin’ Conley lead Grizzlies to Game 2 win over Warriors 7
- Hawks unimpressive, but pull away late for Game 2 win over Wizards 0
- Mike Conley playing Game 2 against Warriors tonight 0
- John Wall out for Wizards-Hawks Game 2 tonight 3
- PBT Extra: Will Doc Rivers sit Chris Paul in Game 2? 0
- Tony Allen on MVP Stephen Curry: “It ain’t nothing I ain’t never seen before” 23
- PBT Extra: Grizzlies searching for answers, Mike Conley in Game 2 3
- PBT Extra: Hawks need to lean on starters more, hit open looks in Game 2 0