Aug 1, 2012, 3:15 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points like Eminem likes facebook.
• The Bulls are done adding to the roster… except maybe Tracy McGrady, according to K.C. Johnson of the Chicago Tribune. McGrady wouldn’t really help the Bulls much but would be inexpensive and get some fans fired up. That seems to fit in with the rest of the Bulls’ summer.
• There’s a rumor out there (tied to the Dwight Howard trade rumors) that the new Brook Lopez contract has a 15 percent trade kicker. It doesn’t. First, the Nets deny it. Second, you can’t put a trade kicker on a max contract anyway. You cannot make more than the max.
• In case you didn’t notice, Tyson Chandler aggravated an old dislocated a finger injury during the USA’s victory over Tunisia. Probably banged it on the rim doing a dunk. He had ice on it on the bench, but it does not seem to be anything serious, he’ll play against Nigeria Thursday.
• Team USA has Wednesday off. No practices or meetings.
• Back in the day, Larry Brown cut Gregg Popovich. Twice.
• Blazers GM Neil Olshey says his team has 80 percent of its starting five in place. Which implies they are still looking for a starting center.
• The Golden State Warriors owners are pushing ahead with plans for an arena in San Francisco, but it is going to be smaller and more intimate than their current home, the Oracle Arena.
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 10
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 7
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 10
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 7
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8
- Report: Becky Hammon gaining traction around the NBA as “serious” head-coaching candidate 42
- Gregg Popovich discusses three-point shot, changing roles for bigs in NBA 4