Aug 1, 2012, 11:52 PM EDT
Tyson Chandler was sitting on the bench during the second half of the USA’s rout of Tunisia with ice on his hand. That raised some eyebrows.
Chandler, the only true center on the Team USA roster, aggravated an old injury, he told Jared Zwerling of ESPNNewYork.com.
Tyson Chandler told me today his “left hand” injury vs. Tunisia was due to a dislocated finger (suffered before Team USA) that swelled up.
What does this mean in the big picture?
Chandler is expected to play Thursday against Nigeria, and at most Mike Krzyzewski will keep his minutes down to have him ready for a bigger side in Lithuania on Thursday.
But this is nothing serious.
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 20
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 30
- Steve Ballmer screams like a maniac at Clippers rally 26
- Thibodeau calls Team USA “perfect setting” for Derrick Rose to make return 6
- What four players left likely to get cut from Team USA roster? Things don’t look good for Andre Drummond. 19
- John Calipari says he was not close to going to Cleveland. LeBron or not. 12
- Report: Shawn Marion commits to play with Cavaliers, LeBron James 47