Aug 1, 2012, 11:52 PM EDT
Tyson Chandler was sitting on the bench during the second half of the USA’s rout of Tunisia with ice on his hand. That raised some eyebrows.
Chandler, the only true center on the Team USA roster, aggravated an old injury, he told Jared Zwerling of ESPNNewYork.com.
Tyson Chandler told me today his “left hand” injury vs. Tunisia was due to a dislocated finger (suffered before Team USA) that swelled up.
What does this mean in the big picture?
Chandler is expected to play Thursday against Nigeria, and at most Mike Krzyzewski will keep his minutes down to have him ready for a bigger side in Lithuania on Thursday.
But this is nothing serious.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 5
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 11
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Washington Wizards 3
- Rockets’ Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban: If you care about chemistry, why break up a title team? 36