Aug 1, 2012, 11:52 PM EST
Tyson Chandler was sitting on the bench during the second half of the USA’s rout of Tunisia with ice on his hand. That raised some eyebrows.
Chandler, the only true center on the Team USA roster, aggravated an old injury, he told Jared Zwerling of ESPNNewYork.com.
Tyson Chandler told me today his “left hand” injury vs. Tunisia was due to a dislocated finger (suffered before Team USA) that swelled up.
What does this mean in the big picture?
Chandler is expected to play Thursday against Nigeria, and at most Mike Krzyzewski will keep his minutes down to have him ready for a bigger side in Lithuania on Thursday.
But this is nothing serious.
- The Extra Pass: The league’s leading lineups; plus Tuesday’s recaps 2
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Kobe plays pretty well, Suns’ backcourt plays better 3
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat 32
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 26
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 12
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (57)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade (35)
- Fan wanders onto court while game is going on during Cavaliers-Clippers (VIDEO) (34)