Aug 1, 2012, 11:52 PM EDT
Tyson Chandler was sitting on the bench during the second half of the USA’s rout of Tunisia with ice on his hand. That raised some eyebrows.
Chandler, the only true center on the Team USA roster, aggravated an old injury, he told Jared Zwerling of ESPNNewYork.com.
Tyson Chandler told me today his “left hand” injury vs. Tunisia was due to a dislocated finger (suffered before Team USA) that swelled up.
What does this mean in the big picture?
Chandler is expected to play Thursday against Nigeria, and at most Mike Krzyzewski will keep his minutes down to have him ready for a bigger side in Lithuania on Thursday.
But this is nothing serious.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 13
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50