Aug 1, 2012, 9:51 PM EDT
Steve Clifford and Elston Turner, you are excused.
The drawn out Portland Trail Blazers coaching search is down to two men — former Hawks head coach Terry Stotts and recent Blazers coach Kalab Canales. That according to Jason Quick at the Oregonian.
Canales and Stotts will interview with Blazers owner Paul Allen once he returns from the Olympics in London.
Now, if one were cynical, one would note that both coaching finalists are clients of agent Warren LeGarie, same as GM Neil Olshey. But I’m sure that was a coincidence. That kind of favoritism would never otherwise happen in the NBA. Never.
Whoever takes over gets to coach an interesting rebuilding project in a bike-friendly, microbrew-loving town.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 1
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 79
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20