Aug 1, 2012, 9:51 PM EDT
Steve Clifford and Elston Turner, you are excused.
The drawn out Portland Trail Blazers coaching search is down to two men — former Hawks head coach Terry Stotts and recent Blazers coach Kalab Canales. That according to Jason Quick at the Oregonian.
Canales and Stotts will interview with Blazers owner Paul Allen once he returns from the Olympics in London.
Now, if one were cynical, one would note that both coaching finalists are clients of agent Warren LeGarie, same as GM Neil Olshey. But I’m sure that was a coincidence. That kind of favoritism would never otherwise happen in the NBA. Never.
Whoever takes over gets to coach an interesting rebuilding project in a bike-friendly, microbrew-loving town.
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 0
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 21
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 5
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 18