Aug 1, 2012, 9:51 PM EDT
Steve Clifford and Elston Turner, you are excused.
The drawn out Portland Trail Blazers coaching search is down to two men — former Hawks head coach Terry Stotts and recent Blazers coach Kalab Canales. That according to Jason Quick at the Oregonian.
Canales and Stotts will interview with Blazers owner Paul Allen once he returns from the Olympics in London.
Now, if one were cynical, one would note that both coaching finalists are clients of agent Warren LeGarie, same as GM Neil Olshey. But I’m sure that was a coincidence. That kind of favoritism would never otherwise happen in the NBA. Never.
Whoever takes over gets to coach an interesting rebuilding project in a bike-friendly, microbrew-loving town.
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 24
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 27
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8