Aug 1, 2012, 2:05 AM EDT
It was the one actual frightening moment in Team USA’s thumping of Tunisia on Tuesday — Kevin Love attacked the rim in the third quarter and in doing so banged knees wit the Tunisian defender. It was one of those random, unintentional things that can happen on any play.
Love went off the court, grabbed his knee and at the next break in play limped over to the bench.
But quickly it didn’t seem too bad. Within few minutes the trainer was gone, Love had ice on his knee for a while then soon after working it out. By the fourth quarter he was back in the game. So we were pretty sure it wasn’t serious. That is something confirmed after the game, Love will be fine.
Team USA has Wednesday off (something long planed by coach Mike Krzyzewski) another chance to rest it if need be.
Expect to see Love back in for the USA against Nigeria on Thursday, which is good. After a sluggish start with Team USA this time around (when his minutes were threatened) he started to step up with the tune-up game against Spain and since then he has solidified his place in the rotation. Which is good, they need his size. Especially, starting Saturday against Lithuania. But Love is fine and will be good to go.
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 0
- Report: Heat, Goran Dragic agree to five-year deal worth $90 million 32
- Report: Paul Millsap had midnight meeting with Orlando, will decide between Magic and Hawks 11
- Report: Blazers, Damian Lillard nearing agreement on five-year max contract extension worth $120 million 17
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 19
- Anthony Davis and Pelicans agree to five-year, $145 million contract extension 36
- Report: Kevin Love to meet with Lakers later in week 17
- Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan 33