Aug 1, 2012, 5:10 PM EDT
Darko Milicic is not going to be manna from heaven for some European team.
After being amnestied by the Minnesota Timberwolves there has not been teams falling over themselves to get Darko. Which led to speculation the Serbian big man might head to Europe to earn a paycheck where they might appreciate his skills.
No. He’s staying here. That’s what his agent Marc Cornstein told Chris Tomasson of Fox Sports Florida.
“He will be back in the NBA.’’ The Miami Heat remain in the mix as a team looking at Milicic. However, Cornstein said Milicic is still looking at a number of NBA teams, and there’s no timetable yet as to when he might sign.
This is the point in the summer when a lot of role-playing veterans wait for some team to come forward and offer them more than the veteran minimum. In September as training camps get close to staring Oct. 1, they realize that is not coming, they accept their fate and sign for the minimum.
That is where we seem to be with Darko. The only question is where he will sign a deal. Miami makes some sense (they could use size) but we shall see.
- Thunder GM says team won’t amnesty Kendrick Perkins 0
- Western Conference Finals preview: Grizzlies vs. Spurs 0
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks 35
- Roy Hibbert with the monster block on a dunk attempt from Carmelo Anthony (VIDEO) 23
- Nate Robinson unlikely to return to Bulls next season 15
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (64)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (63)
- Bad shooting night for Bulls dooms them in game Game 4. And series. (62)
- Oxbow ends Orb's Triple Crown hopes
- PBT: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- PST: Teary Beckham likely plays final game
- PFT: Pre-draft fears about Gronk coming true
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- CBT: Chance Coach K returns for '16 Games
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay