Aug 1, 2012, 5:10 PM EDT
Darko Milicic is not going to be manna from heaven for some European team.
After being amnestied by the Minnesota Timberwolves there has not been teams falling over themselves to get Darko. Which led to speculation the Serbian big man might head to Europe to earn a paycheck where they might appreciate his skills.
No. He’s staying here. That’s what his agent Marc Cornstein told Chris Tomasson of Fox Sports Florida.
“He will be back in the NBA.’’ The Miami Heat remain in the mix as a team looking at Milicic. However, Cornstein said Milicic is still looking at a number of NBA teams, and there’s no timetable yet as to when he might sign.
This is the point in the summer when a lot of role-playing veterans wait for some team to come forward and offer them more than the veteran minimum. In September as training camps get close to staring Oct. 1, they realize that is not coming, they accept their fate and sign for the minimum.
That is where we seem to be with Darko. The only question is where he will sign a deal. Miami makes some sense (they could use size) but we shall see.
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 0
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 3
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 8
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 3
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 24
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 6