Aug 1, 2012, 5:10 PM EST
Darko Milicic is not going to be manna from heaven for some European team.
After being amnestied by the Minnesota Timberwolves there has not been teams falling over themselves to get Darko. Which led to speculation the Serbian big man might head to Europe to earn a paycheck where they might appreciate his skills.
No. He’s staying here. That’s what his agent Marc Cornstein told Chris Tomasson of Fox Sports Florida.
“He will be back in the NBA.’’ The Miami Heat remain in the mix as a team looking at Milicic. However, Cornstein said Milicic is still looking at a number of NBA teams, and there’s no timetable yet as to when he might sign.
This is the point in the summer when a lot of role-playing veterans wait for some team to come forward and offer them more than the veteran minimum. In September as training camps get close to staring Oct. 1, they realize that is not coming, they accept their fate and sign for the minimum.
That is where we seem to be with Darko. The only question is where he will sign a deal. Miami makes some sense (they could use size) but we shall see.
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 5
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 19
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 60
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8