Jul 31, 2012, 1:58 AM EDT
It’s good to be the king. Or an NBA champion.
Perks come your way. Like, say, getting to play the conga drums with Jimmy Buffett as he performs “Margaritaville” at a concert near your home town.
Which is what Shane Battier did.
Battier is a Buffett fan — Dan Devine at Ball Don’t Lie reminds us when Battier announced he was going to the Heat he tweeted it by saying he was “trying to reason with hurricane season” (a Buffett tune, if you hadn’t guessed.) We could mock Battier for this, it would be a very blogger thing of me to do, but I kind of have a soft spot for Buffett. I spent a lot of years of sailing and drinking, so I can relate to the early songs (anything from the past 20 years loses me). I’ll let Battier slide.
Battier tweeted that he was about to go on stage for a concert in Detroit Sunday night, and below someone put up the video, which BDL found.
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 78
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 36
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32