Jul 31, 2012, 1:58 AM EDT
It’s good to be the king. Or an NBA champion.
Perks come your way. Like, say, getting to play the conga drums with Jimmy Buffett as he performs “Margaritaville” at a concert near your home town.
Which is what Shane Battier did.
Battier is a Buffett fan — Dan Devine at Ball Don’t Lie reminds us when Battier announced he was going to the Heat he tweeted it by saying he was “trying to reason with hurricane season” (a Buffett tune, if you hadn’t guessed.) We could mock Battier for this, it would be a very blogger thing of me to do, but I kind of have a soft spot for Buffett. I spent a lot of years of sailing and drinking, so I can relate to the early songs (anything from the past 20 years loses me). I’ll let Battier slide.
Battier tweeted that he was about to go on stage for a concert in Detroit Sunday night, and below someone put up the video, which BDL found.
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 2
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 40
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7
- Report: Lakers considering bringing back Metta World Peace 33
- PBT Extra: One-on-one with Stephen Curry 0
- LeBron James pumped to play with Kevin Love, Kyrie Irving again 10