Jul 31, 2012, 1:58 AM EDT
It’s good to be the king. Or an NBA champion.
Perks come your way. Like, say, getting to play the conga drums with Jimmy Buffett as he performs “Margaritaville” at a concert near your home town.
Which is what Shane Battier did.
Battier is a Buffett fan — Dan Devine at Ball Don’t Lie reminds us when Battier announced he was going to the Heat he tweeted it by saying he was “trying to reason with hurricane season” (a Buffett tune, if you hadn’t guessed.) We could mock Battier for this, it would be a very blogger thing of me to do, but I kind of have a soft spot for Buffett. I spent a lot of years of sailing and drinking, so I can relate to the early songs (anything from the past 20 years loses me). I’ll let Battier slide.
Battier tweeted that he was about to go on stage for a concert in Detroit Sunday night, and below someone put up the video, which BDL found.
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 5
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 29
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 30
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 35
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17