Jul 31, 2012, 1:58 AM EDT
It’s good to be the king. Or an NBA champion.
Perks come your way. Like, say, getting to play the conga drums with Jimmy Buffett as he performs “Margaritaville” at a concert near your home town.
Which is what Shane Battier did.
Battier is a Buffett fan — Dan Devine at Ball Don’t Lie reminds us when Battier announced he was going to the Heat he tweeted it by saying he was “trying to reason with hurricane season” (a Buffett tune, if you hadn’t guessed.) We could mock Battier for this, it would be a very blogger thing of me to do, but I kind of have a soft spot for Buffett. I spent a lot of years of sailing and drinking, so I can relate to the early songs (anything from the past 20 years loses me). I’ll let Battier slide.
Battier tweeted that he was about to go on stage for a concert in Detroit Sunday night, and below someone put up the video, which BDL found.
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 3
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 20
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 6
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 7
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 23
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 62
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 4