Jul 31, 2012, 1:58 AM EDT
It’s good to be the king. Or an NBA champion.
Perks come your way. Like, say, getting to play the conga drums with Jimmy Buffett as he performs “Margaritaville” at a concert near your home town.
Which is what Shane Battier did.
Battier is a Buffett fan — Dan Devine at Ball Don’t Lie reminds us when Battier announced he was going to the Heat he tweeted it by saying he was “trying to reason with hurricane season” (a Buffett tune, if you hadn’t guessed.) We could mock Battier for this, it would be a very blogger thing of me to do, but I kind of have a soft spot for Buffett. I spent a lot of years of sailing and drinking, so I can relate to the early songs (anything from the past 20 years loses me). I’ll let Battier slide.
Battier tweeted that he was about to go on stage for a concert in Detroit Sunday night, and below someone put up the video, which BDL found.
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 0
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 12
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 0
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 5
- Pat Riley: ‘No more smiling faces with hidden agendas.’ That’s totally about LeBron, right? 30
- Report: One Trail Blazers player gives LaMarcus Aldridge just 50-50 chance of re-signing 9
- Clippers put on offensive showcase, take Game 1 vs. Spurs 10