Jul 31, 2012, 12:42 PM EDT
The Cavaliers need some depth at the three.
So while the Bucks are not reaching out to him, the Cavaliers are talking to Carlos Delfino, according to a report at the Plain Dealer from Terry Pluto.
But they still need someone else, and they are looking at unrestricted free agents Carlos Delfino and C.J. Miles. Delfino is 6-6, 230 pounds and averaged 9.0 points and 3.9 rebounds for Milwaukee in 2011-12. He has been in the league for seven years, and is mostly a 3-point specialist.
My guess on how this actually turns out is Gee realizes he is not going to get a better offer for next season than the $2.7 million qualifying offer on the table and signs it. Maybe the Cavs add someone like Miles to that mix as a third swingman. Delfino might be a little expensive to be a third guy at the wing.
Atlanta and Boston also are known to have had some contact with Delfino’s agent.
Delfino himself is currently in London playing for medal hopeful Argentina in the Olympics.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 55
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 58
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19