Jul 31, 2012, 12:42 PM EDT
The Cavaliers need some depth at the three.
So while the Bucks are not reaching out to him, the Cavaliers are talking to Carlos Delfino, according to a report at the Plain Dealer from Terry Pluto.
But they still need someone else, and they are looking at unrestricted free agents Carlos Delfino and C.J. Miles. Delfino is 6-6, 230 pounds and averaged 9.0 points and 3.9 rebounds for Milwaukee in 2011-12. He has been in the league for seven years, and is mostly a 3-point specialist.
My guess on how this actually turns out is Gee realizes he is not going to get a better offer for next season than the $2.7 million qualifying offer on the table and signs it. Maybe the Cavs add someone like Miles to that mix as a third swingman. Delfino might be a little expensive to be a third guy at the wing.
Atlanta and Boston also are known to have had some contact with Delfino’s agent.
Delfino himself is currently in London playing for medal hopeful Argentina in the Olympics.
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 15
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18