Jul 31, 2012, 12:42 PM EDT
The Cavaliers need some depth at the three.
So while the Bucks are not reaching out to him, the Cavaliers are talking to Carlos Delfino, according to a report at the Plain Dealer from Terry Pluto.
But they still need someone else, and they are looking at unrestricted free agents Carlos Delfino and C.J. Miles. Delfino is 6-6, 230 pounds and averaged 9.0 points and 3.9 rebounds for Milwaukee in 2011-12. He has been in the league for seven years, and is mostly a 3-point specialist.
My guess on how this actually turns out is Gee realizes he is not going to get a better offer for next season than the $2.7 million qualifying offer on the table and signs it. Maybe the Cavs add someone like Miles to that mix as a third swingman. Delfino might be a little expensive to be a third guy at the wing.
Atlanta and Boston also are known to have had some contact with Delfino’s agent.
Delfino himself is currently in London playing for medal hopeful Argentina in the Olympics.
- PBT Extra: Are Pacers or Spurs in any trouble in first round? 5
- All PBT’s first round playoff previews in one place 0
- Grizzlies guard Nick Calathes suspended 20 games for violating NBA’s anti-drug policy 26
- Craig Sager has acute leukemia 28
- NBA Playoff Preview: Dallas Mavericks vs. San Antonio Spurs 6