Jul 31, 2012, 12:42 PM EDT
The Cavaliers need some depth at the three.
So while the Bucks are not reaching out to him, the Cavaliers are talking to Carlos Delfino, according to a report at the Plain Dealer from Terry Pluto.
But they still need someone else, and they are looking at unrestricted free agents Carlos Delfino and C.J. Miles. Delfino is 6-6, 230 pounds and averaged 9.0 points and 3.9 rebounds for Milwaukee in 2011-12. He has been in the league for seven years, and is mostly a 3-point specialist.
My guess on how this actually turns out is Gee realizes he is not going to get a better offer for next season than the $2.7 million qualifying offer on the table and signs it. Maybe the Cavs add someone like Miles to that mix as a third swingman. Delfino might be a little expensive to be a third guy at the wing.
Atlanta and Boston also are known to have had some contact with Delfino’s agent.
Delfino himself is currently in London playing for medal hopeful Argentina in the Olympics.
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 28
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 18