Jul 31, 2012, 2:06 PM EDT
We told you this was coming, consider this the formal notification it is here.
As our man Matt Moore noted in The Inbounds, the Warriors have added enough depth next season to remove the chances of them tanking like last season. Oh, they’ll tell you they didn’t, but actions speak louder than words.
Next season Golden State’s reserves should be Rush, Jarrett Jack, Richard Jefferson, Carl Landry, Andris Biedrins, Charles Jenkins and rookie Draymond Green. Not title contender, but potential playoff contender in the West.
Golden State has a tough first half of the schedule next season, but if they can keep their heads above water they are well places with a soft schedule and depth to make a run at a spot in the West’s postseason next year.
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 14
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 14
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 15
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 7
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 6
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0