Jul 31, 2012, 2:06 PM EDT
We told you this was coming, consider this the formal notification it is here.
As our man Matt Moore noted in The Inbounds, the Warriors have added enough depth next season to remove the chances of them tanking like last season. Oh, they’ll tell you they didn’t, but actions speak louder than words.
Next season Golden State’s reserves should be Rush, Jarrett Jack, Richard Jefferson, Carl Landry, Andris Biedrins, Charles Jenkins and rookie Draymond Green. Not title contender, but potential playoff contender in the West.
Golden State has a tough first half of the schedule next season, but if they can keep their heads above water they are well places with a soft schedule and depth to make a run at a spot in the West’s postseason next year.
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 15
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 8
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8
- Report: Becky Hammon gaining traction around the NBA as “serious” head-coaching candidate 43
- Gregg Popovich discusses three-point shot, changing roles for bigs in NBA 4