Jul 31, 2012, 2:06 PM EST
We told you this was coming, consider this the formal notification it is here.
As our man Matt Moore noted in The Inbounds, the Warriors have added enough depth next season to remove the chances of them tanking like last season. Oh, they’ll tell you they didn’t, but actions speak louder than words.
Next season Golden State’s reserves should be Rush, Jarrett Jack, Richard Jefferson, Carl Landry, Andris Biedrins, Charles Jenkins and rookie Draymond Green. Not title contender, but potential playoff contender in the West.
Golden State has a tough first half of the schedule next season, but if they can keep their heads above water they are well places with a soft schedule and depth to make a run at a spot in the West’s postseason next year.
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 49
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 2
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8
- Andrei Kirilenko leaves Nets for road trip, Lionel Hollins unsure if he’ll return 14
- Report: Danny Ainge telling other teams he won’t trade Rajon Rondo 13
- PBT Extra: How would the NBA benefit from legalized sports betting? 2
- NBPA ready to appeal Jeffery Taylor’s 24-game suspension 12
- Alex Len, No. 5 pick in a draft full of players who looked like busts as rookies, showing he doesn’t deserve the label 5