Jul 31, 2012, 2:06 PM EST
We told you this was coming, consider this the formal notification it is here.
As our man Matt Moore noted in The Inbounds, the Warriors have added enough depth next season to remove the chances of them tanking like last season. Oh, they’ll tell you they didn’t, but actions speak louder than words.
Next season Golden State’s reserves should be Rush, Jarrett Jack, Richard Jefferson, Carl Landry, Andris Biedrins, Charles Jenkins and rookie Draymond Green. Not title contender, but potential playoff contender in the West.
Golden State has a tough first half of the schedule next season, but if they can keep their heads above water they are well places with a soft schedule and depth to make a run at a spot in the West’s postseason next year.
- PBT Extra: Kobe Bryant is back, doesn’t have much time to get it right 2
- It’s official, Clippers agree to terms with Stephen Jackson 1
- PBT NBA Power Rankings: At the quarter pole Portland takes the lead 16
- Paul Pierce practiced Monday, could return vs. Celtics Tuesday 2
- Report: Kings not done trading, Jason Thompson next on block 4
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)