Jul 31, 2012, 2:06 PM EST
We told you this was coming, consider this the formal notification it is here.
As our man Matt Moore noted in The Inbounds, the Warriors have added enough depth next season to remove the chances of them tanking like last season. Oh, they’ll tell you they didn’t, but actions speak louder than words.
Next season Golden State’s reserves should be Rush, Jarrett Jack, Richard Jefferson, Carl Landry, Andris Biedrins, Charles Jenkins and rookie Draymond Green. Not title contender, but potential playoff contender in the West.
Golden State has a tough first half of the schedule next season, but if they can keep their heads above water they are well places with a soft schedule and depth to make a run at a spot in the West’s postseason next year.
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 26
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 7
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 39
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 57
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 11
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13
- Mavericks suspend Rajon Rondo one game after argument with coach Rick Carlisle 43
- Derrick Rose is hurt again. Where do the Bulls go from here? 28