Jul 30, 2012, 6:52 PM EDT
5:07 pm: Golden State is close to rounding out their roster and they are doing it in an impressive manner.
As a restricted free agent, Rush had the right to sign an offer sheet from another team and then wait for the Warriors to match the offer or not. But Rush had failed to get a qualifying offer, and so he will simply come to terms on a contract with Golden State.
Landry played 41 games for the New Orleans Hornets last season, averaging 12.5 points and 5.2 rebounds in 24.4 minutes per game. Landry will likely back up power forward David Lee.
Both of those guys add some quality depth to what could be a playoff team in the Bay Area. Rush averaged 9.8 points per game for Golden State last year and can play key minutes off the bench in keeping the minutes down for Klay Thompson and Stephen Curry.
The Warriors also have reached a three-year deal with second-round pick Draymond Green, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports and the NBC Sports Network. The third year of the deal is only partially guaranteed and Green will make $2.6 million over the course of the deal. If he finds his way into the Warriors rotation that is a steal for them.
If all three are signed it brings the Warriors roster to 16, which is bad news for Warriors free agent small forward Kent Bazemore, whose deal is not full guaranteed.
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 12
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 11
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 17
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 34
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 11