Jul 30, 2012, 11:36 AM EDT
When you have a shard of glass in your eye that needs to be surgically removed and can cost you your vision if it shifts, you have a really good reason to take some time off from working out.
Which is what Tony Parker has done since getting hit with a bottle during the Drake/Chris Brown fight in a New York Club. He’s back now and wearing goggles because of it.
But the month off has left him “totally out of shape” he said during the broadcast of France’s loss to Team USA. Paker was 4-of-11 shooting with four turnovers overall. In the first quarter he was looking like the Spurs point guard we all know, carving up the American defense and getting into the paint to create. But due to a combo of conditioning and the USA’s improved defensive pressure, he was not able to get the same looks as the game went on. And Team USA pulled away.
For Spurs fans, him playing his way into shape and getting used to competing in the goggles at the Olympics is a good thing. Let him do it playing games at a high level of competition.
France has a huge game against Argentina coming up on Tuesday.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Number shows Matthew Dellavedova’s defensive value 2
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 2
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 27
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 22
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 17
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 15