Jul 30, 2012, 11:36 AM EST
When you have a shard of glass in your eye that needs to be surgically removed and can cost you your vision if it shifts, you have a really good reason to take some time off from working out.
Which is what Tony Parker has done since getting hit with a bottle during the Drake/Chris Brown fight in a New York Club. He’s back now and wearing goggles because of it.
But the month off has left him “totally out of shape” he said during the broadcast of France’s loss to Team USA. Paker was 4-of-11 shooting with four turnovers overall. In the first quarter he was looking like the Spurs point guard we all know, carving up the American defense and getting into the paint to create. But due to a combo of conditioning and the USA’s improved defensive pressure, he was not able to get the same looks as the game went on. And Team USA pulled away.
For Spurs fans, him playing his way into shape and getting used to competing in the goggles at the Olympics is a good thing. Let him do it playing games at a high level of competition.
France has a huge game against Argentina coming up on Tuesday.
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 2
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 14
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 14
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 6
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 16
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17