Jul 30, 2012, 11:36 AM EDT
When you have a shard of glass in your eye that needs to be surgically removed and can cost you your vision if it shifts, you have a really good reason to take some time off from working out.
Which is what Tony Parker has done since getting hit with a bottle during the Drake/Chris Brown fight in a New York Club. He’s back now and wearing goggles because of it.
But the month off has left him “totally out of shape” he said during the broadcast of France’s loss to Team USA. Paker was 4-of-11 shooting with four turnovers overall. In the first quarter he was looking like the Spurs point guard we all know, carving up the American defense and getting into the paint to create. But due to a combo of conditioning and the USA’s improved defensive pressure, he was not able to get the same looks as the game went on. And Team USA pulled away.
For Spurs fans, him playing his way into shape and getting used to competing in the goggles at the Olympics is a good thing. Let him do it playing games at a high level of competition.
France has a huge game against Argentina coming up on Tuesday.
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 17
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 31
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8