Jul 30, 2012, 6:59 PM EDT
For a guy who is an All-Star and Olympian, Andre Iguodala’s name sure shows up in trade rumors a lot. And there are plenty of people in Philadelphia more than happy to ship him out of town, for reasons I frankly don’t totally understand.
It’s not happening, anyway. At least not in the near future.
According to a source, a trade involving Iguodala “won’t happen” during the off-season. As a result of that, the Sixers’ off-season tinkering to their roster is complete and aside from a few free agents who get invitations to training camp, the team is set.
Iguodala is a very good player. Maybe not one of the 10 or so guys you can build a franchise around in the NBA, but he is on that next tier, just a step below. And if you are going to move him, you have to get players of equal or greater value (that or just start to totally rebuild, which is not the Philly plan.
You’re better off getting guys to go around him rather than send him packing.
At least in the short term, that’s the plan. But I’d be shocked if Iggy’s name doesn’t come up in talks again around the trade deadline. Because it always does.
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 0
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 17
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 6
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7