Jul 30, 2012, 6:18 PM EDT
Looks like the Bulls may be picking up another point guard and some scoring off the bench with the inconsistent energy of Nate Robinson.
the agent for Nate Robinson, Aaron Goodwin, says the veteran point guard will sign with Chicago today “barring unforeseen problems.” Robinson averaged 11.2 points (42.4 percent shooting overall), 23.5 minutes, 1.2 steals and a career-high 4.5 assists per game with Golden State last season. Assuming the signing takes place, this will be the 28-year-old’s fifth team since the 2009-10 campaign (NY, Boston, Oklahoma City, Golden State and the Bulls).
With Derrick Rose out until likely March, depth at guard and scoring matters to the Bulls. And Robinson can provide those things.
But to me, this fits in with the “meh” summer of the Bulls that seems to be looking at 2014 more than next season.
Fans tend to love Robinson because he is a fearless player, a guy their height (actually, shorter than most of you) who plays among the trees in the NBA. But he drives coaches crazy with a lack of defense and the fact he can shoot you out of a game as fast as he can shoot you back into one.
It will be interesting to see how he and Tom Thibodeau get along.
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 8
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 8
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 40
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 12
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 60
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 60
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 73