Jul 30, 2012, 6:18 PM EST
Looks like the Bulls may be picking up another point guard and some scoring off the bench with the inconsistent energy of Nate Robinson.
the agent for Nate Robinson, Aaron Goodwin, says the veteran point guard will sign with Chicago today “barring unforeseen problems.” Robinson averaged 11.2 points (42.4 percent shooting overall), 23.5 minutes, 1.2 steals and a career-high 4.5 assists per game with Golden State last season. Assuming the signing takes place, this will be the 28-year-old’s fifth team since the 2009-10 campaign (NY, Boston, Oklahoma City, Golden State and the Bulls).
With Derrick Rose out until likely March, depth at guard and scoring matters to the Bulls. And Robinson can provide those things.
But to me, this fits in with the “meh” summer of the Bulls that seems to be looking at 2014 more than next season.
Fans tend to love Robinson because he is a fearless player, a guy their height (actually, shorter than most of you) who plays among the trees in the NBA. But he drives coaches crazy with a lack of defense and the fact he can shoot you out of a game as fast as he can shoot you back into one.
It will be interesting to see how he and Tom Thibodeau get along.
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 0
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 11
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 28
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 58
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13