Jul 30, 2012, 6:18 PM EDT
Looks like the Bulls may be picking up another point guard and some scoring off the bench with the inconsistent energy of Nate Robinson.
the agent for Nate Robinson, Aaron Goodwin, says the veteran point guard will sign with Chicago today “barring unforeseen problems.” Robinson averaged 11.2 points (42.4 percent shooting overall), 23.5 minutes, 1.2 steals and a career-high 4.5 assists per game with Golden State last season. Assuming the signing takes place, this will be the 28-year-old’s fifth team since the 2009-10 campaign (NY, Boston, Oklahoma City, Golden State and the Bulls).
With Derrick Rose out until likely March, depth at guard and scoring matters to the Bulls. And Robinson can provide those things.
But to me, this fits in with the “meh” summer of the Bulls that seems to be looking at 2014 more than next season.
Fans tend to love Robinson because he is a fearless player, a guy their height (actually, shorter than most of you) who plays among the trees in the NBA. But he drives coaches crazy with a lack of defense and the fact he can shoot you out of a game as fast as he can shoot you back into one.
It will be interesting to see how he and Tom Thibodeau get along.
- Report: Mavericks looking to move No. 13 pick to clear out cap space for run at Howard, CP3 21
- Report: Mike Krzyzewski to return, coach Team USA in 2016 Olympics 12
- Lakers GM Kupchak denies he, Howard talked about D’Antoni 17
- Kevin Love and Flip Saunders hitting it off 6
- Three things about Game 2: Tony Parker is that good but Randolph, Grizzlies figuring it out 6
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (88)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Live Extra: Watch Penguins-Senators, Game 4
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- PBT: Rugged Pacers hope to slow high-flying Heat
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- PFT: Crabtree tears achilles, out six months