Jul 30, 2012, 6:18 PM EDT
Looks like the Bulls may be picking up another point guard and some scoring off the bench with the inconsistent energy of Nate Robinson.
the agent for Nate Robinson, Aaron Goodwin, says the veteran point guard will sign with Chicago today “barring unforeseen problems.” Robinson averaged 11.2 points (42.4 percent shooting overall), 23.5 minutes, 1.2 steals and a career-high 4.5 assists per game with Golden State last season. Assuming the signing takes place, this will be the 28-year-old’s fifth team since the 2009-10 campaign (NY, Boston, Oklahoma City, Golden State and the Bulls).
With Derrick Rose out until likely March, depth at guard and scoring matters to the Bulls. And Robinson can provide those things.
But to me, this fits in with the “meh” summer of the Bulls that seems to be looking at 2014 more than next season.
Fans tend to love Robinson because he is a fearless player, a guy their height (actually, shorter than most of you) who plays among the trees in the NBA. But he drives coaches crazy with a lack of defense and the fact he can shoot you out of a game as fast as he can shoot you back into one.
It will be interesting to see how he and Tom Thibodeau get along.
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 26
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 33
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 50
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28