Jul 30, 2012, 8:44 AM EDT
Josh Howard isn’t quite the same guy who was such a force in Dallas a few years back. Injuries have slowed him, including knee surgery last season, although he says he is all the way back.
Either way, coming off the bench (and at a reasonable price) he still has value for a team. And he is close to deciding where he will play next season, tweets Mark Spears of Yahoo Sports.
Jazz free agent forward Josh Howard expected to make a decision soon, source tell Y! Sports. Utah, IND, GS, BK and NY in mix.
It’s going to come down to what Howard really wants. Some teams, like Indiana, can offer a little more money if they want. Or does he want to go to a big market and a good team like New York or Brooklyn. Obviously, playing time will factor in as well.
He’ll be pretty deep in the rotation wherever he goes, but he is the kind of veteran that can help a team out.
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 47
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 29
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3