Jul 30, 2012, 8:44 AM EST
Josh Howard isn’t quite the same guy who was such a force in Dallas a few years back. Injuries have slowed him, including knee surgery last season, although he says he is all the way back.
Either way, coming off the bench (and at a reasonable price) he still has value for a team. And he is close to deciding where he will play next season, tweets Mark Spears of Yahoo Sports.
Jazz free agent forward Josh Howard expected to make a decision soon, source tell Y! Sports. Utah, IND, GS, BK and NY in mix.
It’s going to come down to what Howard really wants. Some teams, like Indiana, can offer a little more money if they want. Or does he want to go to a big market and a good team like New York or Brooklyn. Obviously, playing time will factor in as well.
He’ll be pretty deep in the rotation wherever he goes, but he is the kind of veteran that can help a team out.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 0
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 3
- Report: Sixers engaged in buyout talks with JaVale McGee 17
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 8
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6