Jul 30, 2012, 8:44 AM EDT
Josh Howard isn’t quite the same guy who was such a force in Dallas a few years back. Injuries have slowed him, including knee surgery last season, although he says he is all the way back.
Either way, coming off the bench (and at a reasonable price) he still has value for a team. And he is close to deciding where he will play next season, tweets Mark Spears of Yahoo Sports.
Jazz free agent forward Josh Howard expected to make a decision soon, source tell Y! Sports. Utah, IND, GS, BK and NY in mix.
It’s going to come down to what Howard really wants. Some teams, like Indiana, can offer a little more money if they want. Or does he want to go to a big market and a good team like New York or Brooklyn. Obviously, playing time will factor in as well.
He’ll be pretty deep in the rotation wherever he goes, but he is the kind of veteran that can help a team out.
- PBT Extra: Hawks need to lean on starters more, hit open looks in Game 2 0
- CP3 who? Clippers come from behind to take Game 1 from Rockets on road. 6
- Bulls ride hot start, strong shooting night to Game 1 win in Cleveland 20
- Chris Paul out for Game 1 of Clippers-Rockets series 1
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry is the MVP for a modern NBA 13
- PBT Second-Round Playoff Previews: Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Chicago Bulls 6
- PBT Extra: Can Jimmy Butler have success slowing LeBron James? 3
- PBT Extra: Dwight Howard, DeAndre Jordan matchup key part of Clippers vs. Rockets 2