Jul 30, 2012, 8:44 AM EDT
Josh Howard isn’t quite the same guy who was such a force in Dallas a few years back. Injuries have slowed him, including knee surgery last season, although he says he is all the way back.
Either way, coming off the bench (and at a reasonable price) he still has value for a team. And he is close to deciding where he will play next season, tweets Mark Spears of Yahoo Sports.
Jazz free agent forward Josh Howard expected to make a decision soon, source tell Y! Sports. Utah, IND, GS, BK and NY in mix.
It’s going to come down to what Howard really wants. Some teams, like Indiana, can offer a little more money if they want. Or does he want to go to a big market and a good team like New York or Brooklyn. Obviously, playing time will factor in as well.
He’ll be pretty deep in the rotation wherever he goes, but he is the kind of veteran that can help a team out.
- PBT Podcast: NBA playoff preview edition 0
- NBA Playoff Preview: Memphis Grizzlies vs. Oklahoma City Thunder 4
- NBA Playoff Preview: Houston Rockets vs. Portland Trail Blazers 5
- NBA Playoff Preview: Chicago Bulls vs. Washington Wizards 19
- Report: Steve Kerr “expects” to be offered, will take Knicks coaching job 15