Jul 30, 2012, 8:44 AM EST
Josh Howard isn’t quite the same guy who was such a force in Dallas a few years back. Injuries have slowed him, including knee surgery last season, although he says he is all the way back.
Either way, coming off the bench (and at a reasonable price) he still has value for a team. And he is close to deciding where he will play next season, tweets Mark Spears of Yahoo Sports.
Jazz free agent forward Josh Howard expected to make a decision soon, source tell Y! Sports. Utah, IND, GS, BK and NY in mix.
It’s going to come down to what Howard really wants. Some teams, like Indiana, can offer a little more money if they want. Or does he want to go to a big market and a good team like New York or Brooklyn. Obviously, playing time will factor in as well.
He’ll be pretty deep in the rotation wherever he goes, but he is the kind of veteran that can help a team out.
- Paul Pierce practiced Monday, could return vs. Celtics Tuesday 0
- Report: Kings not done trading, Jason Thompson next on block 4
- The Extra Pass: Raptors’ salary dump trade could mean a few more wins, too; plus Sunday recaps 1
- Kobe is back but loss to Raptors shows Lakers still have a lot of work to do 9
- Sunday night NBA Grades: Rudy Gay traded to Kings, Kobe returns for Lakers 3
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)