Quote of the day: Kirilenko is a Wolf who thinks he’s a young buck

Jul 30, 2012, 8:02 AM EDT

Russian forward Andrey Kirilenko scores Getty Images

“I feel great. Look at me. I’m running like a young deer.”

Andrei Kirilenko of Russia, after dropping 35 points on 17 shots in the first day of Olympic basketball to lead his team to a win.

Timberwolves fans should be happy, they just signed Kirilenko and Russian point guard Alexey Shved who had 16 points and 13 assists in the win Sunday. For a day, GM David Kahn looks very smart.

1. thekingdave - Jul 30, 2012 at 8:26 AM

“For a day, GM David Kahn looks very smart.”

Yes because Kurt Helin could build a better basketball team in his sleep…

• londonaiooo - Jul 30, 2012 at 8:34 AM

David Kahn? Calling yourself king and blogging to defend yourself won’t make us respect you more.

2. bougin89 - Jul 30, 2012 at 8:40 AM

I like Kirilenko but everytime his name is brought up I think of that really awkward interview he gave with his wife a few years ago where his wife said he gets one get out of jail free card a year.

3. scottieplongballs - Jul 30, 2012 at 10:42 AM

The wolves will finally make the playoffs this year. I dont think Kahn is doing that bad.

4. bigal5888 - Jul 30, 2012 at 2:00 PM

And what would you do, all knowing one?? This writer is a dolt.

5. ajwunrow - Jul 30, 2012 at 2:37 PM

Kurt, you are ridiculous. You finally publish a positive T’Wolves story and you only deem it worthy of 72 words.

I would just like to see one NBA blogger eat some crow and acknowledge that David Kahn has had a good (possibly great) off-season.

6. thekingdave - Jul 30, 2012 at 6:11 PM

Today I learned I am “blogging to defend myself.” What that means and what I’m defending myself from has yet to be determined.

• dedalus13 - Jul 31, 2012 at 8:31 AM

mmmh what we learned today is that you don’t see the connection between your username and the wolves GM surname.

Apart from that, I totally agree, the remark from Kurt was pretty annoying (as always, punctuating some funny quote or great news with a patronizing punchline). Seems like Kahn will always be remembered for his past blunders and never earn respect whatever the deals he makes.

7. jdh1016j - Jul 30, 2012 at 7:51 PM

I am a nba blogger. I am so smart, I am so smart, s-m-r-t….I mean s-m-A-r-t!

The list of championship contenders
Top 10 NBA Player Searches