Jul 30, 2012, 8:02 AM EST
“I feel great. Look at me. I’m running like a young deer.”
Andrei Kirilenko of Russia, after dropping 35 points on 17 shots in the first day of Olympic basketball to lead his team to a win.
Timberwolves fans should be happy, they just signed Kirilenko and Russian point guard Alexey Shved who had 16 points and 13 assists in the win Sunday. For a day, GM David Kahn looks very smart.
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 11
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13