Jul 30, 2012, 8:02 AM EDT
“I feel great. Look at me. I’m running like a young deer.”
Andrei Kirilenko of Russia, after dropping 35 points on 17 shots in the first day of Olympic basketball to lead his team to a win.
Timberwolves fans should be happy, they just signed Kirilenko and Russian point guard Alexey Shved who had 16 points and 13 assists in the win Sunday. For a day, GM David Kahn looks very smart.
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 8
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 43
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 55
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 86
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 17
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13