Jul 30, 2012, 12:24 PM EDT
There’s a big game in Group A tomorrow — Argentina vs. France. The USA should win Group A, so the winner of this game has a real leg up on second place in the group (especially after Argentina beat Lithuania on Sunday).
Ginobili says he has given his teammates a plan for dealing with the new-look Parker and his goggles, according to the Express-News:
“Go right up to him,” Ginobili said, “and go ‘whooo!’” Ginobili blew air out of his mouth.
“That should fog up his goggles,” he said.
Nice. You can bet Tim Duncan thought that was funny.
Parker is going to take a lot of ribbing from teammates about his new look (necessitated by eye surgery following an injury sustained when he was in the New York club where the silly Chris Brown/Drake fight broke out). You can only make the goggles look so cool.
In the game, look for Argentina — who has looked like a medal team in the run-up and first game of the Olympics — to overpower France, which has yet to find its groove consistently.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 3
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 5
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4