Jul 30, 2012, 12:24 PM EDT
There’s a big game in Group A tomorrow — Argentina vs. France. The USA should win Group A, so the winner of this game has a real leg up on second place in the group (especially after Argentina beat Lithuania on Sunday).
Ginobili says he has given his teammates a plan for dealing with the new-look Parker and his goggles, according to the Express-News:
“Go right up to him,” Ginobili said, “and go ‘whooo!’” Ginobili blew air out of his mouth.
“That should fog up his goggles,” he said.
Nice. You can bet Tim Duncan thought that was funny.
Parker is going to take a lot of ribbing from teammates about his new look (necessitated by eye surgery following an injury sustained when he was in the New York club where the silly Chris Brown/Drake fight broke out). You can only make the goggles look so cool.
In the game, look for Argentina — who has looked like a medal team in the run-up and first game of the Olympics — to overpower France, which has yet to find its groove consistently.
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 5
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 2
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10