Jul 29, 2012, 11:44 AM EST
“They’re a lot smaller than we were,’’ Ewing, one of 11 Hall of Famers on that Dream Team, said on NBA TV. “(The current team is) kind of light in the middle. Myself and David Robinson, we would have had a field day… I’m not saying we would have creamed them. Best out of 10, I’d say we’d have beaten them 10 out of 10.’’
That’s Patrick Ewing weighing in on the raging debate about Team USA 2012 vs. the Dream Team to Fox Sports’ Chris Tommasson.
And it’s kind of the sentiment of everyone who’s not on Team USA 2012. Yeah, some of those games might be close, but the Dream Team didn’t have the injuries, Dream Team didn’t have the size problems, Dream Team had better shooters, Dream Team had two of the five best players of all time.
So they wouldn’t cream them, they’d just win every game.
I’m sure that will make the guys on today’s team feel better.
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 13
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 29
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 21
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6
- PBT Tuesday Night Winners/Losers: Sixers, Lakers show the last will be first (for a night) 13
- Anderson Varejao leaves Cavaliers game with foot injury not to return, MRI Wednesday 5
- Report: Rockets ‘very confident’ they’ll land Josh Smith 19
- Report: Sixers want Andrei Kirilenko to report to team, prepare to play 16