Jul 29, 2012, 11:44 AM EDT
“They’re a lot smaller than we were,’’ Ewing, one of 11 Hall of Famers on that Dream Team, said on NBA TV. “(The current team is) kind of light in the middle. Myself and David Robinson, we would have had a field day… I’m not saying we would have creamed them. Best out of 10, I’d say we’d have beaten them 10 out of 10.’’
That’s Patrick Ewing weighing in on the raging debate about Team USA 2012 vs. the Dream Team to Fox Sports’ Chris Tommasson.
And it’s kind of the sentiment of everyone who’s not on Team USA 2012. Yeah, some of those games might be close, but the Dream Team didn’t have the injuries, Dream Team didn’t have the size problems, Dream Team had better shooters, Dream Team had two of the five best players of all time.
So they wouldn’t cream them, they’d just win every game.
I’m sure that will make the guys on today’s team feel better.
- Phil Jackson reportedly close to taking Knicks job, nobody asked Carmelo about it 14
- PBT Power Rankings: Tell me again how the Spurs are too old…. 5
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 12
- Harden’s 17 fourth-quarter points spark Rockets’ comeback win (VIDEO) 10
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 52