Jul 29, 2012, 11:44 AM EDT
“They’re a lot smaller than we were,’’ Ewing, one of 11 Hall of Famers on that Dream Team, said on NBA TV. “(The current team is) kind of light in the middle. Myself and David Robinson, we would have had a field day… I’m not saying we would have creamed them. Best out of 10, I’d say we’d have beaten them 10 out of 10.’’
That’s Patrick Ewing weighing in on the raging debate about Team USA 2012 vs. the Dream Team to Fox Sports’ Chris Tommasson.
And it’s kind of the sentiment of everyone who’s not on Team USA 2012. Yeah, some of those games might be close, but the Dream Team didn’t have the injuries, Dream Team didn’t have the size problems, Dream Team had better shooters, Dream Team had two of the five best players of all time.
So they wouldn’t cream them, they’d just win every game.
I’m sure that will make the guys on today’s team feel better.
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 8
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 19
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 14
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 8
- Mike Krzyzewski would trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love with “not one second of hesitancy” 70
- Mario Chalmers: “I never thought anybody would want to leave Miami for Cleveland” 66
- Las Vegas Summer League review: How did Andrew Wiggins, other lottery picks fare? 14