Jul 29, 2012, 11:44 AM EST
“They’re a lot smaller than we were,’’ Ewing, one of 11 Hall of Famers on that Dream Team, said on NBA TV. “(The current team is) kind of light in the middle. Myself and David Robinson, we would have had a field day… I’m not saying we would have creamed them. Best out of 10, I’d say we’d have beaten them 10 out of 10.’’
That’s Patrick Ewing weighing in on the raging debate about Team USA 2012 vs. the Dream Team to Fox Sports’ Chris Tommasson.
And it’s kind of the sentiment of everyone who’s not on Team USA 2012. Yeah, some of those games might be close, but the Dream Team didn’t have the injuries, Dream Team didn’t have the size problems, Dream Team had better shooters, Dream Team had two of the five best players of all time.
So they wouldn’t cream them, they’d just win every game.
I’m sure that will make the guys on today’s team feel better.
- Bobcats lose Jeffery Taylor for season with ruptured Achilles 0
- Carmelo Anthony after latest home loss to Grizzlies: ‘I think it’s in our heads’ 13
- Brook Lopez suffers broken foot, out for the season 27
- Duke’s Jabari Parker doesn’t back away from Carmelo Anthony comparison 12
- Michael Carter-Williams returns to Sixers lineup Friday against Nets 6
- Kobe Bryant is out six weeks with fracture in the left knee (71)
- LeBron did foul Paul George on final shot but there was no call (VIDEO) (64)
- Chicago columnist hammers Derrick Rose as no longer humble star (56)
- LeBron angrily goes after Mario Chalmers on the Heat bench (VIDEO) (50)
- Reports: Houston Rockets pull out of Asik trade talks, will keep him for now (45)