James Harden would consider signing with Suns in free agency, would have same answer for living on the moon
Jul 28, 2012, 1:03 PM EDT
James Harden will be a free agent in 2013 and there’s going to be a world of heat around the decision for the Thunder to retain him or let him free. He’s going to get max offers. If he doesn’t take a paycut to re-sign, the Thunder can’t afford to retain him if they want any future flexibility whatsoever, something they’ve always treasured. But as is usual with anyon eable to even sniff free agency, the talk has started about possible destinations.
Paul Coro of the Arizona Republic did his due diligence in asking the former Arizona State star if he’d consider a return to the desert he calls home when able to make the decision.
“Yeah,” he said. “Of course. I love it there. My mom lives there still. So that’s definitely my second home as far as my comfort level and going to school there. But obviously, I’m with the Thunder right now and what we have is special.”
“That’s out of my hands,” Harden said. “That’s not my decision. That’s the front office. I’ll let them decide that.”
If you asked James Harden if he would consider living on the moon for a max contract, the answer is yes. If you asked if he’d consider signing with CSKA Moscow, the answer is yes. If you asked if he’d consider signing with the Bobcats, the answer is yes. The probabilities are in that order, but still.
For what it’s worth, a Dragic-Harden-Beasley-Scola-Gortat lineup would be downright spectacular. After failing to get Eric Gordon when the Hornets matched, that would be a monstrous get for the Suns.
Harden’t going to get these questions and this is going to be his life. He’s handling it the right way. “Love where I’m at, we’ll deal with it when the time comes.” The end. But he’s going to get offers. The question is whether the Thunder are willing to let him go.
One thing’s for sure.
They’ll consider it.
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 22
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 62
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 71
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 23
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 42
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8