Jul 27, 2012, 9:32 AM EDT
It could still happen. Could, not will. But one way or another we should know in the next 24 hours or so.
“It” is the three-team trade that would send Robin Lopez and Hakim Warrick from the Suns to the Hornets; former lottery pick Wesley Johnson, Brad Miller’s expiring contract and plus a lottery-protected first-round draft pick to the Suns; and the Timberwolves get Jerome Dyson, two future second-round draft picks from New Orleans and enough cap space that they can sign Andrei Kirilenko to a contract.
The teams agreed in principle but this is a complex deal that did not meet the league’s approval, so the teams have been working on the edges of it. And it is close, reports Paul Coro of the Arizona Republic.
The three-way agreement among Phoenix, New Orleans and Minnesota did not completely fit collective bargaining agreement rules regarding what the Suns were receiving.
Coro says one way or another there should be resolution on Friday.
- Tony Allen fined $5,000 for overacting on Ginobili foul 4
- Preview: Pacers must take back paint to even series with Heat 4
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 5
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 12
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 58
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (93)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (81)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (71)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (65)
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights