Jul 27, 2012, 4:55 PM EDT
There are a whole lot of reasons the USA Olympic men’s basketball team is not staying in
the wild, out of control party the Olympic village. Security for one. Second, the rooms in the village are basically dorm rooms and do you think Kobe Bryant and LeBron James want to stay in a dorm?
The beds in the Olympic Village rooms are 5’8” long. Which is just fine if you are McKayla Maroney or one of the other USA Olympic gymnasts. For 7’1” Tyson Chandler… not so much. In fact, it’s pretty funny.
I’m guessing the bathroom’s shower head hits Chandler in about the middle of the back as well.
Even I would have feet hanging off an Olympic Village bed, and you know that’s not going to be comfortable. And Team USA needs Chandler comfortable because they need to only true center on the roster on the court as much as possible.
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 18
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 7
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 20
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4