Jul 27, 2012, 4:55 PM EDT
There are a whole lot of reasons the USA Olympic men’s basketball team is not staying in
the wild, out of control party the Olympic village. Security for one. Second, the rooms in the village are basically dorm rooms and do you think Kobe Bryant and LeBron James want to stay in a dorm?
The beds in the Olympic Village rooms are 5’8” long. Which is just fine if you are McKayla Maroney or one of the other USA Olympic gymnasts. For 7’1” Tyson Chandler… not so much. In fact, it’s pretty funny.
I’m guessing the bathroom’s shower head hits Chandler in about the middle of the back as well.
Even I would have feet hanging off an Olympic Village bed, and you know that’s not going to be comfortable. And Team USA needs Chandler comfortable because they need to only true center on the roster on the court as much as possible.
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 22
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 21
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 26
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2