Jul 27, 2012, 4:55 PM EST
There are a whole lot of reasons the USA Olympic men’s basketball team is not staying in
the wild, out of control party the Olympic village. Security for one. Second, the rooms in the village are basically dorm rooms and do you think Kobe Bryant and LeBron James want to stay in a dorm?
The beds in the Olympic Village rooms are 5’8” long. Which is just fine if you are McKayla Maroney or one of the other USA Olympic gymnasts. For 7’1” Tyson Chandler… not so much. In fact, it’s pretty funny.
I’m guessing the bathroom’s shower head hits Chandler in about the middle of the back as well.
Even I would have feet hanging off an Olympic Village bed, and you know that’s not going to be comfortable. And Team USA needs Chandler comfortable because they need to only true center on the roster on the court as much as possible.
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 5
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 8
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 19
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 27
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 15
- Veteran NBA coach: ‘I think (Cavaliers head coach David Blatt) is struggling a bit’ 30