Jul 27, 2012, 4:55 PM EDT
There are a whole lot of reasons the USA Olympic men’s basketball team is not staying in
the wild, out of control party the Olympic village. Security for one. Second, the rooms in the village are basically dorm rooms and do you think Kobe Bryant and LeBron James want to stay in a dorm?
The beds in the Olympic Village rooms are 5’8” long. Which is just fine if you are McKayla Maroney or one of the other USA Olympic gymnasts. For 7’1” Tyson Chandler… not so much. In fact, it’s pretty funny.
I’m guessing the bathroom’s shower head hits Chandler in about the middle of the back as well.
Even I would have feet hanging off an Olympic Village bed, and you know that’s not going to be comfortable. And Team USA needs Chandler comfortable because they need to only true center on the roster on the court as much as possible.
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 15
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18