Jul 27, 2012, 5:45 PM EST
We told you recently this was close and now it has become official. Although, that hints at other moves.
Lucas played well in the absence of Derrick Rose in Chicago for much of last season, averaging 7.5 points a game, which is pretty good for a third-string guard.
Right now, Lucas is a third-string point guard in Toronto, too. Kyle Lowry has the starting gig and in a contract year you should expect big things.
Behind him is Jose Calderon, who the Raptors have been shopping but have not found a deal they like. Yet. That will likely change by the time the season starts (or the trade deadline, for sure) and in that case you need another quality one on the roster.
Enter Lucas. So, don’t be shocked if there is another move on the horizon.
- Report: Knicks, Raptors talking Kyle Lowry trade 7
- Tom Thibodeau to the Knicks? Well… 2
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns 13
- The Extra Pass: Bucks are bad, and that’s good; plus Wednesday’s recaps 7
- Wednesday night NBA grades: Amar’e Stoudemire played well? Yes. Yes he did. 12
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (55)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (49)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (39)