Jul 27, 2012, 5:45 PM EST
We told you recently this was close and now it has become official. Although, that hints at other moves.
Lucas played well in the absence of Derrick Rose in Chicago for much of last season, averaging 7.5 points a game, which is pretty good for a third-string guard.
Right now, Lucas is a third-string point guard in Toronto, too. Kyle Lowry has the starting gig and in a contract year you should expect big things.
Behind him is Jose Calderon, who the Raptors have been shopping but have not found a deal they like. Yet. That will likely change by the time the season starts (or the trade deadline, for sure) and in that case you need another quality one on the roster.
Enter Lucas. So, don’t be shocked if there is another move on the horizon.
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 5
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 8
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 19
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 27
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 15
- Veteran NBA coach: ‘I think (Cavaliers head coach David Blatt) is struggling a bit’ 30