Jul 27, 2012, 5:45 PM EDT
We told you recently this was close and now it has become official. Although, that hints at other moves.
Lucas played well in the absence of Derrick Rose in Chicago for much of last season, averaging 7.5 points a game, which is pretty good for a third-string guard.
Right now, Lucas is a third-string point guard in Toronto, too. Kyle Lowry has the starting gig and in a contract year you should expect big things.
Behind him is Jose Calderon, who the Raptors have been shopping but have not found a deal they like. Yet. That will likely change by the time the season starts (or the trade deadline, for sure) and in that case you need another quality one on the roster.
Enter Lucas. So, don’t be shocked if there is another move on the horizon.
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 11
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 23
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 63
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 26
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 22
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 10
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 50
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65