Jul 27, 2012, 5:45 PM EDT
We told you recently this was close and now it has become official. Although, that hints at other moves.
Lucas played well in the absence of Derrick Rose in Chicago for much of last season, averaging 7.5 points a game, which is pretty good for a third-string guard.
Right now, Lucas is a third-string point guard in Toronto, too. Kyle Lowry has the starting gig and in a contract year you should expect big things.
Behind him is Jose Calderon, who the Raptors have been shopping but have not found a deal they like. Yet. That will likely change by the time the season starts (or the trade deadline, for sure) and in that case you need another quality one on the roster.
Enter Lucas. So, don’t be shocked if there is another move on the horizon.
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 5
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 9
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7