Jul 27, 2012, 5:45 PM EDT
We told you recently this was close and now it has become official. Although, that hints at other moves.
Lucas played well in the absence of Derrick Rose in Chicago for much of last season, averaging 7.5 points a game, which is pretty good for a third-string guard.
Right now, Lucas is a third-string point guard in Toronto, too. Kyle Lowry has the starting gig and in a contract year you should expect big things.
Behind him is Jose Calderon, who the Raptors have been shopping but have not found a deal they like. Yet. That will likely change by the time the season starts (or the trade deadline, for sure) and in that case you need another quality one on the roster.
Enter Lucas. So, don’t be shocked if there is another move on the horizon.
- Metta World Peace says Howard isn’t going anywhere because he has a hold on his… um… those 16
- In praise of the brilliant, baffling Manu Ginobili 20
- If Doc is out, who is in for Celtics? Maybe Del Negro, Frank 15
- Where does Celtics’ Rivers, Garnett trade to Clippers stand? They’re talking. 28
- Boris Diaw’s defense slowed LeBron down. I know, right? 26
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (77)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Report: Clippers, Celtics talks to send Garnett, Rivers to L.A. stalled (72)
- Reports: Jason Kidd finalizes deal, will be Nets new coach (62)
- Bruins stymie Blackhawks, take Game 3
- Survival and heartbreak at US Open
- Protesters back in streets of Brazilian cities
- Radio hosts fired for mocking ex-NFL player with ALS
- Posnanski: More Open heartbreak for Mickelson
- PHT: Bruins' little wins pay off big in Game 3
- PHT: Hossa day to day with upper-body injury