Jul 27, 2012, 2:48 PM EDT
The Lakers are pretty set at starting two guard. Got a guy they kind of like there.
But if the goal is to keep Kobe Bryant’s minutes down — he averaged a ridiculous 38.5 last season for Mike Brown — you need a reliable backup. And while Andrew Goudelock and Darius Johnson-Odom are on the roster, the Lakers want someone with more experience.
The Los Angeles Lakers continue to express interest in Jodie Meeks, according to source. No deal is imminent, but the two sides are talking.
There’s not a lot of talking to do, Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak has said the Lakers are not signing anyone for more than the veteran minimum. So, Meeks knows what is on the table.
Meeks started 50 games for the 76ers last year. He averaged 8.4 points per game and eventually Evan Turner took his job. His role with the Lakers would be differ — 15-20 minutes a night behind Kobe, don’t blow the lead.
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 28
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 26
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 56
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48