Jul 27, 2012, 2:48 PM EST
The Lakers are pretty set at starting two guard. Got a guy they kind of like there.
But if the goal is to keep Kobe Bryant’s minutes down — he averaged a ridiculous 38.5 last season for Mike Brown — you need a reliable backup. And while Andrew Goudelock and Darius Johnson-Odom are on the roster, the Lakers want someone with more experience.
The Los Angeles Lakers continue to express interest in Jodie Meeks, according to source. No deal is imminent, but the two sides are talking.
There’s not a lot of talking to do, Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak has said the Lakers are not signing anyone for more than the veteran minimum. So, Meeks knows what is on the table.
Meeks started 50 games for the 76ers last year. He averaged 8.4 points per game and eventually Evan Turner took his job. His role with the Lakers would be differ — 15-20 minutes a night behind Kobe, don’t blow the lead.
- After Lakers’ 48-point loss, Laker GM Kupchak, owner Buss met with coach D’Antoni 0
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 18
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 16
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 28
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 42