Jul 27, 2012, 2:48 PM EDT
The Lakers are pretty set at starting two guard. Got a guy they kind of like there.
But if the goal is to keep Kobe Bryant’s minutes down — he averaged a ridiculous 38.5 last season for Mike Brown — you need a reliable backup. And while Andrew Goudelock and Darius Johnson-Odom are on the roster, the Lakers want someone with more experience.
The Los Angeles Lakers continue to express interest in Jodie Meeks, according to source. No deal is imminent, but the two sides are talking.
There’s not a lot of talking to do, Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak has said the Lakers are not signing anyone for more than the veteran minimum. So, Meeks knows what is on the table.
Meeks started 50 games for the 76ers last year. He averaged 8.4 points per game and eventually Evan Turner took his job. His role with the Lakers would be differ — 15-20 minutes a night behind Kobe, don’t blow the lead.
- Report: Klay Thompson’s camp ‘frustrated’ Warriors have yet to offer a max contract extension 0
- 67RIEFNS: Warriors starters with Draymond Green 0
- Report: Kobe Bryant viewed Dwight Howard leaving Lakers in free agency as ‘a positive’ 28
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 11
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5