Jul 27, 2012, 2:48 PM EST
The Lakers are pretty set at starting two guard. Got a guy they kind of like there.
But if the goal is to keep Kobe Bryant’s minutes down — he averaged a ridiculous 38.5 last season for Mike Brown — you need a reliable backup. And while Andrew Goudelock and Darius Johnson-Odom are on the roster, the Lakers want someone with more experience.
The Los Angeles Lakers continue to express interest in Jodie Meeks, according to source. No deal is imminent, but the two sides are talking.
There’s not a lot of talking to do, Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak has said the Lakers are not signing anyone for more than the veteran minimum. So, Meeks knows what is on the table.
Meeks started 50 games for the 76ers last year. He averaged 8.4 points per game and eventually Evan Turner took his job. His role with the Lakers would be differ — 15-20 minutes a night behind Kobe, don’t blow the lead.
- Report: At the moment, Lakers no longer considering trading Pau gasol 0
- PBT Extra: Damian Lillard or Kyrie Irving? Plus coaching hot seat talk. 6
- Report: Celtics may be frontrunners for Asik; would move Bass, Lee, pick 6
- Tyson Chandler returns to Knicks lineup Wednesday night 5
- Beasley out, LeBron game-time decision; Heat not worried about Pacers right now 16
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (105)
- Report: Heat have interest in Celtics’ Jordan Crawford (50)
- Pau Gasol expresses frustration with D’Antoni offense. Lakers have to think trade. (49)
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns (48)
- Mike D’Antoni to Pau Gasol: “There’s no reason to not play hard” (48)