Jul 27, 2012, 2:48 PM EDT
The Lakers are pretty set at starting two guard. Got a guy they kind of like there.
But if the goal is to keep Kobe Bryant’s minutes down — he averaged a ridiculous 38.5 last season for Mike Brown — you need a reliable backup. And while Andrew Goudelock and Darius Johnson-Odom are on the roster, the Lakers want someone with more experience.
The Los Angeles Lakers continue to express interest in Jodie Meeks, according to source. No deal is imminent, but the two sides are talking.
There’s not a lot of talking to do, Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak has said the Lakers are not signing anyone for more than the veteran minimum. So, Meeks knows what is on the table.
Meeks started 50 games for the 76ers last year. He averaged 8.4 points per game and eventually Evan Turner took his job. His role with the Lakers would be differ — 15-20 minutes a night behind Kobe, don’t blow the lead.
- Utah Jazz bring back Jerry Sloan as team consultant 2
- Celtics, Clippers restart Doc Rivers-Kevin Garnett trades talks at Chris Paul’s wish 4
- Chris Bosh to fans who left Game 6 early: ‘Don’t come back for Game 7′ 29
- Wade says left knee sore, swollen, but will play through it 16
- Popovich explains decision to sit Duncan late in regulation of Game 6 14
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (125)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (85)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- Chris Bosh blocks Spurs’ Game 6 comeback attempt (video) (79)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- LIVE: Stanley Cup Final Game 4 pregame show
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'
- Play Video: Green breaks NBA finals 3-point record