Jul 27, 2012, 6:32 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form.
• Marv Albert with the imaginary first call at the new Barclays Center in Brooklyn as the Nets take on the Knicks — something that should get you pumped up for the November 1 opener.
•When the NBA schedule came out Thursday we told you some games to look out for, but here are 10 less obvious games you may want to carve out some time to watch.
• Here is a good look at the four teams that have any real shot of beating Team USA at the London Olympics.
• Read to the bottom of this Vanity Fair piece and see how Mad Men’s John Hamm thinks this presidential election is like the NBA season. (Thanks to Kevin Arnovitz at TrueHoop for finding that.)
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 6
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 24
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 4
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 1
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 10
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 7
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31