Jul 27, 2012, 6:32 PM EST
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form.
• Marv Albert with the imaginary first call at the new Barclays Center in Brooklyn as the Nets take on the Knicks — something that should get you pumped up for the November 1 opener.
•When the NBA schedule came out Thursday we told you some games to look out for, but here are 10 less obvious games you may want to carve out some time to watch.
• Here is a good look at the four teams that have any real shot of beating Team USA at the London Olympics.
• Read to the bottom of this Vanity Fair piece and see how Mad Men’s John Hamm thinks this presidential election is like the NBA season. (Thanks to Kevin Arnovitz at TrueHoop for finding that.)
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 1
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 3
- Carmelo Anthony: “We are the laughingstock of the league right now” 14
- Joe Johnson says players noticed friction between Jason Kidd and Lawrence Frank 23
- ‘Melo says Knicks players “worried” Woodson could lose job if losing continues 12
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (53)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (39)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (38)
- Jason Kidd fined $50K for intentionally spilling drink on the court to stop play in loss to Lakers (37)