Jul 27, 2012, 6:32 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form.
• Marv Albert with the imaginary first call at the new Barclays Center in Brooklyn as the Nets take on the Knicks — something that should get you pumped up for the November 1 opener.
•When the NBA schedule came out Thursday we told you some games to look out for, but here are 10 less obvious games you may want to carve out some time to watch.
• Here is a good look at the four teams that have any real shot of beating Team USA at the London Olympics.
• Read to the bottom of this Vanity Fair piece and see how Mad Men’s John Hamm thinks this presidential election is like the NBA season. (Thanks to Kevin Arnovitz at TrueHoop for finding that.)
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 2
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 5
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 0
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 16
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 16
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34