Jul 27, 2012, 6:32 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form.
• Marv Albert with the imaginary first call at the new Barclays Center in Brooklyn as the Nets take on the Knicks — something that should get you pumped up for the November 1 opener.
•When the NBA schedule came out Thursday we told you some games to look out for, but here are 10 less obvious games you may want to carve out some time to watch.
• Here is a good look at the four teams that have any real shot of beating Team USA at the London Olympics.
• Read to the bottom of this Vanity Fair piece and see how Mad Men’s John Hamm thinks this presidential election is like the NBA season. (Thanks to Kevin Arnovitz at TrueHoop for finding that.)
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 8
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 6
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 17
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 39
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15