Jul 27, 2012, 2:05 PM EDT
It’s a minor “clean up.” He is expected to be ready when training camp opens this fall. It is no bid deal.
But it’s still a little disturbing to hear that New Orleans’ recent No. 10 pick out of Duke Austin Rivers had ankle surgery on Friday. This was done to clean out some bone spurs in the 19-year-old’s ankles, the team said.
Rivers played in a couple of Summer League games and averaged 10 points a game for the Hornets in those contests. He looked okay, like a lot of talented rookies he was trying to adjust to the new level and how long and fast players are.
And do I need to remind you Austin is Doc Rivers’ son? Probably not.
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 13
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 32
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 49
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28