Jul 27, 2012, 2:05 PM EST
It’s a minor “clean up.” He is expected to be ready when training camp opens this fall. It is no bid deal.
But it’s still a little disturbing to hear that New Orleans’ recent No. 10 pick out of Duke Austin Rivers had ankle surgery on Friday. This was done to clean out some bone spurs in the 19-year-old’s ankles, the team said.
Rivers played in a couple of Summer League games and averaged 10 points a game for the Hornets in those contests. He looked okay, like a lot of talented rookies he was trying to adjust to the new level and how long and fast players are.
And do I need to remind you Austin is Doc Rivers’ son? Probably not.
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 8
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 14
- Veteran NBA coach: ‘I think (Cavaliers head coach David Blatt) is struggling a bit’ 28
- PBT’s Monday night NBA Winners/Losers: That looks more like the Cavaliers we expected 12
- Carmelo Anthony exits Knicks-Rockets game with apparent back injury 9
- Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant progressing in rehab, Westbrook could play Friday 6
- Lakers forward Xavier Henry ruptured Achilles in practice, out for season 23
- PBT Extra: Our Thanksgiving week turkeys, starting with the 76ers 2