Jul 27, 2012, 2:05 PM EST
It’s a minor “clean up.” He is expected to be ready when training camp opens this fall. It is no bid deal.
But it’s still a little disturbing to hear that New Orleans’ recent No. 10 pick out of Duke Austin Rivers had ankle surgery on Friday. This was done to clean out some bone spurs in the 19-year-old’s ankles, the team said.
Rivers played in a couple of Summer League games and averaged 10 points a game for the Hornets in those contests. He looked okay, like a lot of talented rookies he was trying to adjust to the new level and how long and fast players are.
And do I need to remind you Austin is Doc Rivers’ son? Probably not.
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 0
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 35
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6