Jul 27, 2012, 2:05 PM EST
It’s a minor “clean up.” He is expected to be ready when training camp opens this fall. It is no bid deal.
But it’s still a little disturbing to hear that New Orleans’ recent No. 10 pick out of Duke Austin Rivers had ankle surgery on Friday. This was done to clean out some bone spurs in the 19-year-old’s ankles, the team said.
Rivers played in a couple of Summer League games and averaged 10 points a game for the Hornets in those contests. He looked okay, like a lot of talented rookies he was trying to adjust to the new level and how long and fast players are.
And do I need to remind you Austin is Doc Rivers’ son? Probably not.
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 2
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 2
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 41
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 5
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 39
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9