Jul 27, 2012, 2:05 PM EDT
It’s a minor “clean up.” He is expected to be ready when training camp opens this fall. It is no bid deal.
But it’s still a little disturbing to hear that New Orleans’ recent No. 10 pick out of Duke Austin Rivers had ankle surgery on Friday. This was done to clean out some bone spurs in the 19-year-old’s ankles, the team said.
Rivers played in a couple of Summer League games and averaged 10 points a game for the Hornets in those contests. He looked okay, like a lot of talented rookies he was trying to adjust to the new level and how long and fast players are.
And do I need to remind you Austin is Doc Rivers’ son? Probably not.
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 10
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 51
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 6
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10