Jul 26, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
Passing has really come back into style. We may have seen more creativity in dimes this year than in any year since maybe Magic’s Showtime Lakers. From Ricky Rubio to the wizardry of the Nuggets’ team to Lob City, passes are uniquely in style.
And hey, there’s a video that shows some of the season’s best assists. This one isn’t comprehensive, no video will be. But some of these are just jaw-dropping.
Behind-the-back was definitely the theme of the year, whereas in previous years the between-the-legs has been used. We were even robbed of a half-season’s worth when Ricky Rubio went down with his injury. But it’s nice to see that in a sport that gets tagged as such an ISO-heavy, streetball-style, that there’s proof of the beauty in ball movement still being alive and well in the NBA.
(HT: Dime Magazine)
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 10
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 7
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 0
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 16
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 18
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34