Jul 26, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
Passing has really come back into style. We may have seen more creativity in dimes this year than in any year since maybe Magic’s Showtime Lakers. From Ricky Rubio to the wizardry of the Nuggets’ team to Lob City, passes are uniquely in style.
And hey, there’s a video that shows some of the season’s best assists. This one isn’t comprehensive, no video will be. But some of these are just jaw-dropping.
Behind-the-back was definitely the theme of the year, whereas in previous years the between-the-legs has been used. We were even robbed of a half-season’s worth when Ricky Rubio went down with his injury. But it’s nice to see that in a sport that gets tagged as such an ISO-heavy, streetball-style, that there’s proof of the beauty in ball movement still being alive and well in the NBA.
(HT: Dime Magazine)
- Ginobili, Duncan, Popovich dance around questions about Spurs’ future 2
- Reports: Stephen Curry to be named MVP Monday 29
- Hawks start hot, finish cold, Wizards take Game 1 on road 104-98. 7
- PBT Second-Round Playoff Preview: Washington Wizards vs. Atlanta Hawks 4
- Adjusting for playoff rotations round two: Watch out for the Wizards 2
- Hobbled Chris Paul, Clippers’ role players do just enough to dethrone Spurs in Game 7 20
- Chris Paul banks in game winner to lift Clippers past Spurs (VIDEO) 28
- Report: Bulls’ Mike Dunleavy won’t be suspended for Game 1 against Cavaliers 22