Jul 26, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
Passing has really come back into style. We may have seen more creativity in dimes this year than in any year since maybe Magic’s Showtime Lakers. From Ricky Rubio to the wizardry of the Nuggets’ team to Lob City, passes are uniquely in style.
And hey, there’s a video that shows some of the season’s best assists. This one isn’t comprehensive, no video will be. But some of these are just jaw-dropping.
Behind-the-back was definitely the theme of the year, whereas in previous years the between-the-legs has been used. We were even robbed of a half-season’s worth when Ricky Rubio went down with his injury. But it’s nice to see that in a sport that gets tagged as such an ISO-heavy, streetball-style, that there’s proof of the beauty in ball movement still being alive and well in the NBA.
(HT: Dime Magazine)
- Chris Bosh to fans who left Game 6 early: ‘Don’t come back for Game 7′ 20
- Wade says left knee sore, swollen, but will play through it 13
- Popovich explains decision to sit Duncan late in regulation of Game 6 14
- Game 6 was not Gregg Popovich’s best night 46
- LeBron James gets another triple-double, now favorite for Finals MVP 21
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (125)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (85)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- Chris Bosh blocks Spurs’ Game 6 comeback attempt (video) (79)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming
- Serena Williams sorry after rape case comments
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'
- Play Video: Green breaks NBA finals 3-point record