Jul 26, 2012, 11:42 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Looks like the retro jerseys next season are going back to the ’90s. The only thing that can make that better is Sugar Ray songs during timeouts. (And by better I mean more painful.)
• Brad Casper, the business-side president of the Phoenix Suns, has stepped down.
• Lakers blog Forum Blue & Gold (a place I have a great fondness for) is ranking the 11 championship teams since the franchise moved to Los Angeles, from “worst” to best. Today it is No. 10. Let’s just say 1985 better be at the top of that list.
• And this is the latest of the Jordan brand RiseUp video series.
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 8
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 43
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 55
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 86
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 17
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13