Jul 26, 2012, 7:54 AM EDT
The Clippers know who is going to get the bulk of the minutes at center, DeAndre Jordan. When he sits Ryan Hollins will come in and play. Same thing at the four where Blake Griffin starts and Lamar Odom is behind him
The Clippers and free-agent Ronny Turiaf have agreed to a one-year, veteran’s minimum contract worth $1.146 million, said NBA executives who were not authorized to speak publicly on the matter.
Turiaf is currently in London, playing for France in the Olympics (they will face Team USA on Sunday).
Before that Turaif played sparingly for the Miami Heat, at least until the playoffs he started seven games for the champions in the playoffs. Although that really speaks to the Heat’s problems at center more than anything else. Asked to play limited minutes, Turiaf can give some decent play to the Clippers.
If nothing else, the Clippers just inked one o the best sideline cheerers in the game.
- Kevin Love pulling out of USA Basketball due to lingering likelihood of trade from Timberwolves 3
- Why are the Lakers hiring Byron Scott as head coach? 9
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 6
- Report: Knicks made (ridiculous) offer to trade for Kevin Love 48
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 26
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 41
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 32
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 16