Jul 26, 2012, 7:54 AM EST
The Clippers know who is going to get the bulk of the minutes at center, DeAndre Jordan. When he sits Ryan Hollins will come in and play. Same thing at the four where Blake Griffin starts and Lamar Odom is behind him
The Clippers and free-agent Ronny Turiaf have agreed to a one-year, veteran’s minimum contract worth $1.146 million, said NBA executives who were not authorized to speak publicly on the matter.
Turiaf is currently in London, playing for France in the Olympics (they will face Team USA on Sunday).
Before that Turaif played sparingly for the Miami Heat, at least until the playoffs he started seven games for the champions in the playoffs. Although that really speaks to the Heat’s problems at center more than anything else. Asked to play limited minutes, Turiaf can give some decent play to the Clippers.
If nothing else, the Clippers just inked one o the best sideline cheerers in the game.
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 11
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13