Jul 26, 2012, 7:54 AM EDT
The Clippers know who is going to get the bulk of the minutes at center, DeAndre Jordan. When he sits Ryan Hollins will come in and play. Same thing at the four where Blake Griffin starts and Lamar Odom is behind him
The Clippers and free-agent Ronny Turiaf have agreed to a one-year, veteran’s minimum contract worth $1.146 million, said NBA executives who were not authorized to speak publicly on the matter.
Turiaf is currently in London, playing for France in the Olympics (they will face Team USA on Sunday).
Before that Turaif played sparingly for the Miami Heat, at least until the playoffs he started seven games for the champions in the playoffs. Although that really speaks to the Heat’s problems at center more than anything else. Asked to play limited minutes, Turiaf can give some decent play to the Clippers.
If nothing else, the Clippers just inked one o the best sideline cheerers in the game.
- Report: Warriors, Draymond Green agree to five-year, $85 million deal 9
- 76ers get Nik Stauskas, first-rounder in salary-dump trade with Kings 25
- Report: Pelicans finalizing deal with Omer Asik 2
- Reports: Paul Pierce agrees to three-year, $10 million contract with Los Angeles Clippers 21
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 99
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 11
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 78
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 27