Jul 26, 2012, 7:54 AM EDT
The Clippers know who is going to get the bulk of the minutes at center, DeAndre Jordan. When he sits Ryan Hollins will come in and play. Same thing at the four where Blake Griffin starts and Lamar Odom is behind him
The Clippers and free-agent Ronny Turiaf have agreed to a one-year, veteran’s minimum contract worth $1.146 million, said NBA executives who were not authorized to speak publicly on the matter.
Turiaf is currently in London, playing for France in the Olympics (they will face Team USA on Sunday).
Before that Turaif played sparingly for the Miami Heat, at least until the playoffs he started seven games for the champions in the playoffs. Although that really speaks to the Heat’s problems at center more than anything else. Asked to play limited minutes, Turiaf can give some decent play to the Clippers.
If nothing else, the Clippers just inked one o the best sideline cheerers in the game.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 0
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 19
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 27
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 46
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 24
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 20
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 22
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 12