Jul 26, 2012, 7:54 AM EDT
The Clippers know who is going to get the bulk of the minutes at center, DeAndre Jordan. When he sits Ryan Hollins will come in and play. Same thing at the four where Blake Griffin starts and Lamar Odom is behind him
The Clippers and free-agent Ronny Turiaf have agreed to a one-year, veteran’s minimum contract worth $1.146 million, said NBA executives who were not authorized to speak publicly on the matter.
Turiaf is currently in London, playing for France in the Olympics (they will face Team USA on Sunday).
Before that Turaif played sparingly for the Miami Heat, at least until the playoffs he started seven games for the champions in the playoffs. Although that really speaks to the Heat’s problems at center more than anything else. Asked to play limited minutes, Turiaf can give some decent play to the Clippers.
If nothing else, the Clippers just inked one o the best sideline cheerers in the game.
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 0
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 6
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 18
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 6
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 23
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 63