Jul 26, 2012, 10:49 AM EDT
NBA players swing by Rucker Park — the legendary Harlem playground pickup game/summer league — during he offseason. Heck, during the lockout last summer it was like an NBA camp out there for a while.
Five people were shot on a Harlem basketball court Wednesday night during an annual basketball tournament, officials and witnesses said…
“They started arguing, about a bad call or something like that,” said Rodney Harris, 47. “The guy was standing no more than five feet away from me. He pulled a gun out of his pocket and shot once. He then shot one more time. Everyone started running.”
All five people were treated at area hospitals and nothing was life threatening. So there’s that.
The Daily News has some cell-phone video of the chaos that followed the shots.
If you pull a gun on a bad pick-up game call, you have some serious issues.
- Warriors take Game 1 from Clippers 0
- Nets defense smothers Raptors, gets Brooklyn Game 1 win on road 27
- PBT Extra: Are Pacers or Spurs in any trouble in first round? 5
- All PBT’s first round playoff previews in one place 0
- Grizzlies guard Nick Calathes suspended 20 games for violating NBA’s anti-drug policy 28