Jul 26, 2012, 10:49 AM EDT
NBA players swing by Rucker Park — the legendary Harlem playground pickup game/summer league — during he offseason. Heck, during the lockout last summer it was like an NBA camp out there for a while.
Five people were shot on a Harlem basketball court Wednesday night during an annual basketball tournament, officials and witnesses said…
“They started arguing, about a bad call or something like that,” said Rodney Harris, 47. “The guy was standing no more than five feet away from me. He pulled a gun out of his pocket and shot once. He then shot one more time. Everyone started running.”
All five people were treated at area hospitals and nothing was life threatening. So there’s that.
The Daily News has some cell-phone video of the chaos that followed the shots.
If you pull a gun on a bad pick-up game call, you have some serious issues.
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 8
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 37
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 34
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 58
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25