Jul 26, 2012, 10:49 AM EDT
NBA players swing by Rucker Park — the legendary Harlem playground pickup game/summer league — during he offseason. Heck, during the lockout last summer it was like an NBA camp out there for a while.
Five people were shot on a Harlem basketball court Wednesday night during an annual basketball tournament, officials and witnesses said…
“They started arguing, about a bad call or something like that,” said Rodney Harris, 47. “The guy was standing no more than five feet away from me. He pulled a gun out of his pocket and shot once. He then shot one more time. Everyone started running.”
All five people were treated at area hospitals and nothing was life threatening. So there’s that.
The Daily News has some cell-phone video of the chaos that followed the shots.
If you pull a gun on a bad pick-up game call, you have some serious issues.
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 20
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 7
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 20
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4