Jul 26, 2012, 10:49 AM EST
NBA players swing by Rucker Park — the legendary Harlem playground pickup game/summer league — during he offseason. Heck, during the lockout last summer it was like an NBA camp out there for a while.
Five people were shot on a Harlem basketball court Wednesday night during an annual basketball tournament, officials and witnesses said…
“They started arguing, about a bad call or something like that,” said Rodney Harris, 47. “The guy was standing no more than five feet away from me. He pulled a gun out of his pocket and shot once. He then shot one more time. Everyone started running.”
All five people were treated at area hospitals and nothing was life threatening. So there’s that.
The Daily News has some cell-phone video of the chaos that followed the shots.
If you pull a gun on a bad pick-up game call, you have some serious issues.
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 9
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 8
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 5
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 15
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29