Jul 26, 2012, 10:49 AM EDT
NBA players swing by Rucker Park — the legendary Harlem playground pickup game/summer league — during he offseason. Heck, during the lockout last summer it was like an NBA camp out there for a while.
Five people were shot on a Harlem basketball court Wednesday night during an annual basketball tournament, officials and witnesses said…
“They started arguing, about a bad call or something like that,” said Rodney Harris, 47. “The guy was standing no more than five feet away from me. He pulled a gun out of his pocket and shot once. He then shot one more time. Everyone started running.”
All five people were treated at area hospitals and nothing was life threatening. So there’s that.
The Daily News has some cell-phone video of the chaos that followed the shots.
If you pull a gun on a bad pick-up game call, you have some serious issues.
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 0
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 6
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 3
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 21
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 3
- PBT Extra: Will Spurs depth, versatility prove too much for Clippers? 10