Jul 26, 2012, 2:48 PM EDT
After watching him smack around Kyrie Irving and challenge the rookie to a $50K charity one-on-one match, can this be a surprise at all?
Kobe Bryant says he starts the smack talk on Team USA. And he does it to loosen guys up.
Kobe sat down with LakerNation.com for an exclusive interview (see more in the video below) and talked about a lot of things, but in particular how he talks trash at Team USA practices. And about what those All-Star laden practices are like.
KB: They’re spirited [laughs]. You know a lot of it really falls on me because I’m kind of the wiser of the guys having been around so many years so most of the time I set the tone in practice by trash talking certain players whether it be a Lebron, or…
Interviewer: Friendly wagers..?
KB: [laughs]…You know or in Beijing it was D-Wade. Kinda getting practice going because up to that point its always kind of a little uncomfortable when guys don’t know if they can elbow a guy or talk trash to a guy and you know I just come out and just start chirping man [smiling]…
I’d be curious who tries to keep up with the talk. And is Anthony Davis even allowed to speak? Does he have to carry everyone’s luggage and go get donuts?
More Kobe for you:
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 0
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 41
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 67
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 34
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 8