Jul 26, 2012, 9:20 AM EDT
Gilbert Arenas was fun. Because as fans we love guys who are wildly unpredictable.
That’s different than saying you really wanted him as the anchor of your franchise, because his idea of fun crossed all kinds of lines at times. Basically vintage Arenas was great for fans and bad for locker rooms. But the Wizards found that out.
Back before things spiraled south in Washington D.C., Arenas took some of his money and built a custom Gilbert Arenas house, complete with a shark tank and a pool with a grotto.
And now it can be yours for a cool $3.5 million.
There is a fantastic, loving tribute to the home from Andrew Sharp of SB Nation (via Ball Don’t Lie, the DC Sports Bog and the listing on Mouseonhouse.com) reminding of us of all the great times in that house, like the paintball game Arenas had with Nick Young and Andray Blatche and some workers on the house. Good times. Didn’t foreshadow anything.
Anyway, if you have a cool $3.5 million lying around and need a house with a pool and grotto — and who doesn’t — then we’ve got a steal for you. We’ll throw in the shark tank for free.
- PBT Extra matchups to watch: Spurs look for ways to contain Chris Paul 1
- PBT Extra matchups to watch: Can Memphis keep Damian Lillard in check? 0
- Report: Suns’ Morris twins charged with aggravated assault 8
- Hawks’ Mike Budenholzer named 2014-15 NBA Coach of the Year 9
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 12
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 6
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 14
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 6