Jul 26, 2012, 9:20 AM EDT
Gilbert Arenas was fun. Because as fans we love guys who are wildly unpredictable.
That’s different than saying you really wanted him as the anchor of your franchise, because his idea of fun crossed all kinds of lines at times. Basically vintage Arenas was great for fans and bad for locker rooms. But the Wizards found that out.
Back before things spiraled south in Washington D.C., Arenas took some of his money and built a custom Gilbert Arenas house, complete with a shark tank and a pool with a grotto.
And now it can be yours for a cool $3.5 million.
There is a fantastic, loving tribute to the home from Andrew Sharp of SB Nation (via Ball Don’t Lie, the DC Sports Bog and the listing on Mouseonhouse.com) reminding of us of all the great times in that house, like the paintball game Arenas had with Nick Young and Andray Blatche and some workers on the house. Good times. Didn’t foreshadow anything.
Anyway, if you have a cool $3.5 million lying around and need a house with a pool and grotto — and who doesn’t — then we’ve got a steal for you. We’ll throw in the shark tank for free.
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 7
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 8
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 42
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 30
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11