Jul 26, 2012, 9:20 AM EDT
Gilbert Arenas was fun. Because as fans we love guys who are wildly unpredictable.
That’s different than saying you really wanted him as the anchor of your franchise, because his idea of fun crossed all kinds of lines at times. Basically vintage Arenas was great for fans and bad for locker rooms. But the Wizards found that out.
Back before things spiraled south in Washington D.C., Arenas took some of his money and built a custom Gilbert Arenas house, complete with a shark tank and a pool with a grotto.
And now it can be yours for a cool $3.5 million.
There is a fantastic, loving tribute to the home from Andrew Sharp of SB Nation (via Ball Don’t Lie, the DC Sports Bog and the listing on Mouseonhouse.com) reminding of us of all the great times in that house, like the paintball game Arenas had with Nick Young and Andray Blatche and some workers on the house. Good times. Didn’t foreshadow anything.
Anyway, if you have a cool $3.5 million lying around and need a house with a pool and grotto — and who doesn’t — then we’ve got a steal for you. We’ll throw in the shark tank for free.
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 2
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 16
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 7
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 0
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 17
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 19
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6