Jul 26, 2012, 9:20 AM EDT
Gilbert Arenas was fun. Because as fans we love guys who are wildly unpredictable.
That’s different than saying you really wanted him as the anchor of your franchise, because his idea of fun crossed all kinds of lines at times. Basically vintage Arenas was great for fans and bad for locker rooms. But the Wizards found that out.
Back before things spiraled south in Washington D.C., Arenas took some of his money and built a custom Gilbert Arenas house, complete with a shark tank and a pool with a grotto.
And now it can be yours for a cool $3.5 million.
There is a fantastic, loving tribute to the home from Andrew Sharp of SB Nation (via Ball Don’t Lie, the DC Sports Bog and the listing on Mouseonhouse.com) reminding of us of all the great times in that house, like the paintball game Arenas had with Nick Young and Andray Blatche and some workers on the house. Good times. Didn’t foreshadow anything.
Anyway, if you have a cool $3.5 million lying around and need a house with a pool and grotto — and who doesn’t — then we’ve got a steal for you. We’ll throw in the shark tank for free.
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 8
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 16
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 7