Bynum’s agent says there is no list of places he will play

Jul 26, 2012, 1:36 PM EDT

Andrew Bynum AP

Andrew Bynum is in a great place, he can sit back and let the market come to him.

He becomes a free agent next summer. If the Lakers trade him to Orlando or not, his options are pretty much clear — he can sign a five-year max deal with the team that has him or leave and go to a team with cap space (Dallas?) and sign a four-year max deal. While the Lakers will talk contract extension, there is no way he signs that for just three years.

But Bynum’s agent David Lee wants you to know that list of places he would sign a long-term deal — Lakers, Cavaliers, Mavericks — is a fabrication. That’s what he told ESPNLosAngeles.com.

Lee also denied that Bynum had a list of preferred destinations, saying he and Bynum chuckled when they read reports while on vacation in Alaska last week indicating he already had made such decisions.

However, sources have told (ESPN reporter Chris) Broussard that Bynum likely would not sign an extension anywhere else but with the Lakers this summer because it benefits him financially to wait until after the season so he can get a longer, more lucrative deal.

Money matters to Bynum, maybe more than some other NBA players. Which makes me think whichever team has his rights at the end of this season has the best chance to re-sign him because they can offer more money and years. He might bolt a bad situation, but if it is a team he can be comfortable with smart money says he stays.

And if you made me bet, I’d say that will be with the Lakers.

(Last note to Lakers fans: I hear you on the radio with Bynum sign-and-trade scenarios, just remember that under the new CBA any sign-and-trade can only be for what a player could sign for as a free agent — four years, not five, with smaller raises. You can no longer do what Carmelo Anthony did and get the home-town max extension and then be instantly traded.)

1. paulhargis53 - Jul 26, 2012 at 2:13 PM

Don’t confuse them with facts Kurt.

They just can’t seem to get a handle on the idea that just because they have been able to manuever for the last 30 years, that they will continue to be able to do so.

The rules have changed, yet it doesn’t stop the ignorance from running freely.
    Laker fans- you just got to point and laugh.

• ron05342 - Jul 26, 2012 at 2:59 PM

You, sir, are a certified moron.

As I responded in an earlier post, Laker fans as a whole are highly regarded and are recognized as being among the most knowledgeable fans in the league. Also, as I responded in an earlier post, while some let their emotions get the best of them, most do understand and keep up with the latest CBA requirements and principles.

It is my understanding you have never answered one question that many have asked: who is your favorite team? Apparently, you are very concerned that if you let that information out, people will jump all over you and your allegiance.

It’s just a shame idiots like you pollute these boards with babbling that no one in their right mind would waste half a second listening to in real time.

Go get a life, loser.

• therealhtj - Jul 26, 2012 at 7:08 PM

He’s a moronic Celtic homer who thinks that decrepit old team has a snowballs chance in Hell of getting another ring. He probably believes they would’ve made the ECF this year had Rose not blown out his knee too.

• phaden27 - Jul 26, 2012 at 11:32 PM

As an actual Celtics fan, HTJ, I resent that. It’s always interesting to know what’s going on with the enemy. Don’t let one moron speak for the bunch.

2. SmackSaw - Jul 26, 2012 at 2:50 PM

The Lakers new cable deal pays them a little more than $150 million a year. That’ll pay a lot of luxury fees. Laker haters, you just have to ignore ‘em.

3. raidmagic - Jul 26, 2012 at 3:03 PM

So Magic, trade for him and move on. You aren’t going to be able to unload otis’s crappy contracts on anyone so get the next best center and see if you can get him to reup long term.

4. paulhargis53 - Jul 26, 2012 at 3:26 PM

Ron:

Poor guy. Another ungrateful that gets pissed because I won’t state my team. What does my team have to do with discussing the Lakers?
    You guys are just mad that you aren’t able to deflect the argument by jumping on my team.
    By and large, the Laker fanbase is a pack of imbeciles. That is based on the FACT that you can see in the postings daily here and many other sites. You keep saying that laker fans are recognized as the smartest….no proof, just supposed to accept it…ufff.

I’m gonna cut you a break and let you know my team.

Ready?

It’s the Harlem Globetrotters.

Pompous, ignorant=Laker fanbase.

• SmackSaw - Jul 26, 2012 at 4:39 PM

That way your ‘team’ never loses. Gutless.

• ron05342 - Jul 26, 2012 at 4:44 PM

Well, since you refuse to seriously state which team you root for, I am going to take a guess: gotta be the Suns.

You are probably incredibly bitter at how many times the Lakers have beaten the Suns on their way to another title, while the Suns remain virgins.

I got to believe that two events over the past two months finally put you over the edge, the first being the Kings following the Lakers’ example and making the Coyotes their b*tch on the way to the Stanley Cup.

But the event that finally made you want to jump from the bridge into the deep beige sand dune is the Lakers raping the Suns for Steve Nash. You must have been a babbling loon for days after that happened.

And now you spend your days and evening waiting for a Lakers article here to castigate an entire fan base. What an incredibly pathetic human being you are.

• livingsacrifice86 - Jul 26, 2012 at 5:37 PM

Just so you two are aware, you both sound like immature children

5. liamj55 - Jul 26, 2012 at 3:52 PM

Bynum is going to the Sixers. He is from that area and they have tons of cap space. You heard hear first. Have Chris Broussard tweet out and take claim to it like he does with everything else.

6. liamj55 - Jul 26, 2012 at 3:52 PM

7. liamj55 - Jul 26, 2012 at 3:52 PM

8. liamj55 - Jul 26, 2012 at 3:52 PM

9. diablito0402 - Jul 26, 2012 at 6:23 PM

Well im part of that laker fan base, we here in southern california are used to winning championships, we dont settle with just making playoffs, that why the high standard. Have enough IQ to grasp that???

10. paulhargis53 - Jul 26, 2012 at 6:41 PM

Sorry Ron, not a Suns fan. You’re not even close. I can detest or laugh at a fanbase and not root for a direct rival.

To the dude that said you’re used to winning, try reading and comprehending a bit. The playing field is changing, how do you not grasp that? Contracts are going to hamper this team going forward. Read up on the CBS, its not just the luxury tax, its the restrictions that go with it.
    This team as its built is barely better, its not enough to get past the 2nd round. The bench is still atrocious.

To the dude who I said I was a child.
    I know you are, but what am I?

11. diablito0402 - Jul 26, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Contracts no contracts, luxury tax, salary caps, what ever, dont be stupid, lakers= excellence, they will always try to win rings and not settle for mediocrecy, in what other way can we get across that hard head of yours.. Thats all im saying..

12. paulhargis53 - Jul 26, 2012 at 8:36 PM

I’m sorry that you don’t get that the old laker way of spending as much as they want isnt going to work anymore. The restrictions of going over the cap makes it a moot point. Read the Cuban article on this site for a small dose if what will happen.
    Why are you being so obtuse to the facts?
    Yup, willfully ignorant is what you are.

I don’t recall ever proclaiming myself a Celtics fan. I will say that their off-season was quite remarkable. They are 12 deep.

You guys may as well give up on trying to figure my team out.

• therealhtj - Jul 26, 2012 at 8:45 PM

Only a die hard Celtics homer would believe the over the hill gang is 12 deep. You don’t have to proclaim jack – it’s peppered all over your pompous posts.

Keep praying to Red’s ghost that McHale somehow gets his hands on Dwight Howard and trades him for Fab Melo, Jason Collins, and 2 second round picks. Then maybe you can pick up that 2nd title in 30 years.

• ron05342 - Jul 26, 2012 at 9:43 PM

You just gave yourself away, imbecile.

While saying I am “not even close” in my guess of the Suns, you said you “don’t recall ever proclaiming myself a Celtics fan.” Why then did you not flatly deny it, as above?

Then you compound the giveaway by complementing them on their “quite remarkable” off-season.

Okay Celtics fan, now I know what you are all about. You are so scared the Lakers will catch you in total titles one day (maybe next June?). You should be scared, very scared, Celtics fan. Because it’s looking more likely than not.

13. diablito0402 - Jul 26, 2012 at 9:19 PM

The only team that fits your description of spending a ton of money over the cap every year since the 80’s its the knicks, lakers of now and then are usually around the cap, so what are you talking about..

14. paulhargis53 - Jul 26, 2012 at 9:20 PM

It’s funny that you’re more concerned with who I root for, than what is wrong with your team.
    I also think its funny that you’re calling the Celtics old. The Lakers added a 36 and a 39 year old…..
    I also correctly predicted that in trying to figure out my team, the only reason you want to know is so you tools can deflect away from the Lakers problems.

Go Globies!!

15. paulhargis53 - Jul 26, 2012 at 9:41 PM

Since the inception of the tax,the Lakers are 4th in the NBA for having to pay at over 84 million. Seems to me its you who doesn’t know what they are talking about.

You know, if you’d read other articles on this site, you might not look so foolish.

Enjoy the next few years of early playoff exits. Kobe retires, and then suckitude for some time after.

16. paulhargis53 - Jul 26, 2012 at 10:17 PM

Scared? Ahahahaha. What kind of dope are you Ron? I’m not in the least bit worried about if the Lakers catch Boston or not. Once Garnett is done, I’m no longer a Celtics fan.
    You see fanboy, I root for certain players, not a team per se. Blather all you want about the Celtics, it doesn’t faze me.
    Unlike dolts such as yourself that take it personal when I state facts and tell the truth about the Lakers.
    You need to get laid or something dude.
    It’s scary how much time you’ve spent discerning my “team”. Have you ever seen a woman naked outside of the net or in a book?
    Flame away boys. I’m laughing at you.

• phaden27 - Jul 26, 2012 at 11:35 PM

All the way to the bank!

• ron05342 - Jul 27, 2012 at 12:30 AM

Got a man-crush on ol’ Garnett, eh?

So when he retires, you will devote 100% of your time just bashing Laker fans?

Got it. Whatever turns you on, fool.

17. paulhargis53 - Jul 27, 2012 at 7:07 AM

Man crush? Really?! Is that you being homophobic on top of you being ignorant about sports? Not suprising.

Nah, I won’t bash Laker fans full time. I just won’t watch basketball anymore.

By the time KG retires, the Lakers will suck and it won’t be fun anymore.

Will LeBron get booed Christmas Day in Miami?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches