Jul 25, 2012, 5:38 PM EDT
After a little hiatus, here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• As you can see from the photo to the right, Deron Williams, Kevin Durant and James Harden went tooling around Barcelona on Segways. Even they cannot look cool riding a Segway. And how tall does this make Durant?
• How consistently you drain threes depends on arc and form. But arc is key.
• The Celtics have signed Dionte Christmas to a partially guaranteed contract (which means they can cut him and not pay him everything, consider this a camp invite).
• We showed you earlier why Raptors fans should be pumped, but just a reminder that they inked Jonas Valanciunas to his rookie contract.
• NBA stat heads are going to love what is coming to NBA.com. You can bet you’ll be seeing some of that here.
• Want to have dinner with Magic Johnson then head to courtside seats for a Lakers game? You can do it, it’s the prize in an online charity auction to support RUSH Philanthropic Arts Foundation’s (which works to bring New York City’s underprivileged children access and exposure to the arts). So, it’s going to cost you a few bucks. But, it goes to a good cause. You can bid now through Aug. 8.
• This is what Rockets GM Daryl Morey sounds like when testy in an interview.
- Report: LeBron ‘will look at’ Knicks in free agency now that Phil Jackson is in place 55
- Nets announce signing of Jason Collins for remainder of the season 16
- Phil Jackson to Knicks could work. It probably won’t, but it could. 31
- Pau Gasol says Kobe was right to rip Lakers front office 43
- It’s confirmed: Phil Jackson returns to Knicks to head up front office, revive franchise 33