Jul 25, 2012, 8:29 AM EDT
Apparently new Trail Blazers general manager Neil Olshey went to the “Rich Cho School of Coach Interviews.”
Just like Cho did with the Bobcats coaching search, Olshey did first interviews with basically every coach West of the Mississippi and may be throwing in a few more for good measure, reports Jason Quick of the Oregonian. Last week at Summer League in Las Vegas Olshey had plenty of opportunity, Summer League is like an NBA convention.
Here is the Oregonian’s list of who has been interviewed
The candidates who are known to have interviewed with Olshey are Indiana assistant Brian Shaw; Golden State assistant Michael Malone; Dallas assistant Terry Stotts; Memphis assistant David Joerger; former Orlando assistant Steve Clifford, who is nearing a deal to be an assistant in Chicago; Phoenix assistant Elston Turner; Atlanta assistant Lester Conner; Miami assistant David Fizdale, Chicago assistant Adrian Griffin and former Knicks and Phoenix assistant Phil Weber.
And there will be a few more before the second round of interviews start.
Olshey has reportedly talked to Jerry Sloan and Phil Jackson about the job, but neither thought it was a fit. so Olshey is casting a wide net.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 32
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 33
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 8
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 17
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23