Jul 25, 2012, 8:29 AM EDT
Apparently new Trail Blazers general manager Neil Olshey went to the “Rich Cho School of Coach Interviews.”
Just like Cho did with the Bobcats coaching search, Olshey did first interviews with basically every coach West of the Mississippi and may be throwing in a few more for good measure, reports Jason Quick of the Oregonian. Last week at Summer League in Las Vegas Olshey had plenty of opportunity, Summer League is like an NBA convention.
Here is the Oregonian’s list of who has been interviewed
The candidates who are known to have interviewed with Olshey are Indiana assistant Brian Shaw; Golden State assistant Michael Malone; Dallas assistant Terry Stotts; Memphis assistant David Joerger; former Orlando assistant Steve Clifford, who is nearing a deal to be an assistant in Chicago; Phoenix assistant Elston Turner; Atlanta assistant Lester Conner; Miami assistant David Fizdale, Chicago assistant Adrian Griffin and former Knicks and Phoenix assistant Phil Weber.
And there will be a few more before the second round of interviews start.
Olshey has reportedly talked to Jerry Sloan and Phil Jackson about the job, but neither thought it was a fit. so Olshey is casting a wide net.
- PBT Second-Round Playoff Preview: Washington Wizards vs. Atlanta Hawks 0
- Adjusting for playoff rotations round two: Watch out for the Wizards 0
- Hobbled Chris Paul, Clippers’ role players do just enough to dethrone Spurs in Game 7 18
- Chris Paul banks in game winner to lift Clippers past Spurs (VIDEO) 25
- Report: Bulls’ Mike Dunleavy won’t be suspended for Game 1 against Cavaliers 22
- PBT Extra: Can Clippers build on Game 6 win? 2
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Derrick Rose got it done on both ends in first round 2
- Hawks eliminate Nets from playoffs with blowout victory in Game 6 9