Jul 25, 2012, 8:29 AM EST
Apparently new Trail Blazers general manager Neil Olshey went to the “Rich Cho School of Coach Interviews.”
Just like Cho did with the Bobcats coaching search, Olshey did first interviews with basically every coach West of the Mississippi and may be throwing in a few more for good measure, reports Jason Quick of the Oregonian. Last week at Summer League in Las Vegas Olshey had plenty of opportunity, Summer League is like an NBA convention.
Here is the Oregonian’s list of who has been interviewed
The candidates who are known to have interviewed with Olshey are Indiana assistant Brian Shaw; Golden State assistant Michael Malone; Dallas assistant Terry Stotts; Memphis assistant David Joerger; former Orlando assistant Steve Clifford, who is nearing a deal to be an assistant in Chicago; Phoenix assistant Elston Turner; Atlanta assistant Lester Conner; Miami assistant David Fizdale, Chicago assistant Adrian Griffin and former Knicks and Phoenix assistant Phil Weber.
And there will be a few more before the second round of interviews start.
Olshey has reportedly talked to Jerry Sloan and Phil Jackson about the job, but neither thought it was a fit. so Olshey is casting a wide net.
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 1
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 1
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 13
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 12
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 19
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 48
- Former Warriors coach Mark Jackson meets with Kings GM, DeMarcus Cousins after Tuesday night’s game 25
- PBT’s Tuesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Grizzlies grind ends Warriors streak 12