Jul 25, 2012, 8:29 AM EDT
Apparently new Trail Blazers general manager Neil Olshey went to the “Rich Cho School of Coach Interviews.”
Just like Cho did with the Bobcats coaching search, Olshey did first interviews with basically every coach West of the Mississippi and may be throwing in a few more for good measure, reports Jason Quick of the Oregonian. Last week at Summer League in Las Vegas Olshey had plenty of opportunity, Summer League is like an NBA convention.
Here is the Oregonian’s list of who has been interviewed
The candidates who are known to have interviewed with Olshey are Indiana assistant Brian Shaw; Golden State assistant Michael Malone; Dallas assistant Terry Stotts; Memphis assistant David Joerger; former Orlando assistant Steve Clifford, who is nearing a deal to be an assistant in Chicago; Phoenix assistant Elston Turner; Atlanta assistant Lester Conner; Miami assistant David Fizdale, Chicago assistant Adrian Griffin and former Knicks and Phoenix assistant Phil Weber.
And there will be a few more before the second round of interviews start.
Olshey has reportedly talked to Jerry Sloan and Phil Jackson about the job, but neither thought it was a fit. so Olshey is casting a wide net.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 2
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 12
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29