Jul 25, 2012, 6:56 PM EDT
Andrei Kirilenko coming to Minnesota appears to be more and more likely.
We told you yesterday the Timberwolves may have moved to the front of the line because they can offer a lot of money and the Brooklyn Nets could only offer the veteran minimum ($1.2 million).
Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports and the NBC Sports Network has the update.
Minnesota is finalizing a two-year, $20 million contract with free agent forward Andrei Kirilenko, league sources tell Y! Sports.
Kirilenko’s deal with the Wolves is expected to include a player option for the 2013-’14 season, sources said.
Kirilenko played last season for CSKA Moscow but said he wants to return to the NBA. Of course, he wants to get paid to do it, too (Moscow would pay him more than the NBA minimum to return).
AK-47 in Minnesota would be interesting. While they already have pretty good guy in Kevin Love at the four. However, in Rick Adelman’s corner offense versatility is prized and Kirilenko provides that. He can hit the outside shot, play inside and he will block shots and cover defensively for other bigs who many not be consistent on that end (we’re looking at you, Love).
- LeBron James gets another triple-double, now favorite for Finals MVP 8
- A ‘devastated’ Manu Ginobili says he has no clue how Spurs will re-energize in time for Game 7 23
- Spurs execution fails them when it matters most. Can they get it back for Game 7? 8
- Heat force a Finals Game 7 with thrilling overtime win over Spurs 14
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 101
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (103)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (83)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Pats' Hernandez questioned in murder case
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'