Jul 25, 2012, 2:12 PM EDT
Nobody questions Kobe Bryant’s condition. Shot selection? Yes. Willingness to pass? Yes. But his commitment to his craft and his body are never in doubt.
So if Kobe drops 16 pounds, you know it was a choice. And he did that not only for the Olympics but the season he sees ahead, he told the London Guardian.
Beyond experimental therapy, Bryant reveals how else his appearance has changed, losing 16 pounds to prepare his older body for the rigours of the Olympics followed by another run at his sixth NBA title. “With summer basketball leading directly into the season – and I’m expecting to play until next June – I have to take some load off my knees. I’ve got to shave some of this weight.”
Kobe can take all the trips to Germany for exotic treatments he wants, it can only slow the march of time. Kobe knows that, knows he is asking a lot of his body, and knows that a lighter weight lessens the load his knees have to bear.
I really recommend you read the entire story from the Guardian if you are a Kobe fan, it’s well done.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 17
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 55
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 58
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19