Jul 24, 2012, 2:50 PM EDT
Now, Price is getting a second chance to prove his worth as a backup.
He has inked a one-year deal to play with the Washington Wizards, according to Ben Standig at CSNWashington.com.
Obviously, John Wall is the starter there and will get the lion’s share of minutes (he is the real key to the Wizards’ season). Behind him they had hoped Shelvin Mack could be the man, but he didn’t wow people at Summer League in Las Vegas. Recent pick Tomas Satoransky showed flashes but he needs to develop and is not ready for the No. 2 job yet.
Price was not the Wizards second choice. Or third. Or fourth. They reached out to Kirk Hinrich and John Lucas III and the list goes on and on, but they came back to Price, who did not have his option picked up by the Pacers.
Price has been a decent floor general but nobody fears his shooting (33.9 percent overall last season). He doesn’t finish well at the rim and the three point shot he showed as a rookie has disappeared.
Price is getting another chance to show he can be closer to that rookie that showed promise. That or he may have trouble getting another NBA deal.
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 1
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 12
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 29
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 34
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17