Jul 24, 2012, 2:50 PM EST
Now, Price is getting a second chance to prove his worth as a backup.
He has inked a one-year deal to play with the Washington Wizards, according to Ben Standig at CSNWashington.com.
Obviously, John Wall is the starter there and will get the lion’s share of minutes (he is the real key to the Wizards’ season). Behind him they had hoped Shelvin Mack could be the man, but he didn’t wow people at Summer League in Las Vegas. Recent pick Tomas Satoransky showed flashes but he needs to develop and is not ready for the No. 2 job yet.
Price was not the Wizards second choice. Or third. Or fourth. They reached out to Kirk Hinrich and John Lucas III and the list goes on and on, but they came back to Price, who did not have his option picked up by the Pacers.
Price has been a decent floor general but nobody fears his shooting (33.9 percent overall last season). He doesn’t finish well at the rim and the three point shot he showed as a rookie has disappeared.
Price is getting another chance to show he can be closer to that rookie that showed promise. That or he may have trouble getting another NBA deal.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Thunder don’t look like playoff team yet 0
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 6
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 29
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 46
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20