Jul 24, 2012, 2:50 PM EST
Now, Price is getting a second chance to prove his worth as a backup.
He has inked a one-year deal to play with the Washington Wizards, according to Ben Standig at CSNWashington.com.
Obviously, John Wall is the starter there and will get the lion’s share of minutes (he is the real key to the Wizards’ season). Behind him they had hoped Shelvin Mack could be the man, but he didn’t wow people at Summer League in Las Vegas. Recent pick Tomas Satoransky showed flashes but he needs to develop and is not ready for the No. 2 job yet.
Price was not the Wizards second choice. Or third. Or fourth. They reached out to Kirk Hinrich and John Lucas III and the list goes on and on, but they came back to Price, who did not have his option picked up by the Pacers.
Price has been a decent floor general but nobody fears his shooting (33.9 percent overall last season). He doesn’t finish well at the rim and the three point shot he showed as a rookie has disappeared.
Price is getting another chance to show he can be closer to that rookie that showed promise. That or he may have trouble getting another NBA deal.
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 0
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 10
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 9
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 50
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7