Jul 24, 2012, 2:50 PM EDT
Now, Price is getting a second chance to prove his worth as a backup.
He has inked a one-year deal to play with the Washington Wizards, according to Ben Standig at CSNWashington.com.
Obviously, John Wall is the starter there and will get the lion’s share of minutes (he is the real key to the Wizards’ season). Behind him they had hoped Shelvin Mack could be the man, but he didn’t wow people at Summer League in Las Vegas. Recent pick Tomas Satoransky showed flashes but he needs to develop and is not ready for the No. 2 job yet.
Price was not the Wizards second choice. Or third. Or fourth. They reached out to Kirk Hinrich and John Lucas III and the list goes on and on, but they came back to Price, who did not have his option picked up by the Pacers.
Price has been a decent floor general but nobody fears his shooting (33.9 percent overall last season). He doesn’t finish well at the rim and the three point shot he showed as a rookie has disappeared.
Price is getting another chance to show he can be closer to that rookie that showed promise. That or he may have trouble getting another NBA deal.
- Chris Andersen complements Heat’s Big Three so well 0
- Pacers’ coach Vogel explains decision to bench Hibbert late, says ‘we’ll probably have him in next time’ 2
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers 6
- LeBron’s game-winning layup at the overtime buzzer gives Heat Game 1 win over Pacers (VIDEO) 13
- Report: Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, may need surgery 4
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games