Jul 24, 2012, 9:04 AM EDT
Minnesota thinks it has found it’s long-term backup for Ricky Rubio.
“Minnesota’s a good, young and ambitious team,” said Shved, who also had offers from the Memphis Grizzlies and Cleveland Cavaliers. “All those factors were reasons to choose this club in particular, plus coach Adelman. They say that Rick trusts young players and discovers talents, and I’m ready to work for my part…”
Shved can play both guard positions. He averaged 10.6 points and 3.0 assists in the Euroleague, shooting 48.7 percent — 49.3 percent on three-pointers. In 22 Russian League games, he averaged 11.3 points and 3.3 assists.
I honestly don’t know much about Shved other than that he played for powerhouse CSKA Moscow, but DraftExpress has said he’s got a fluid game that should translate well to the NBA — his strengths are in the open court and as the pick-and-roll ball handler.
We will see, if he can be a solid backup behind Rubio for the next few years this will look like a very smart move.
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 7
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 13
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 20
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 5
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 18
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 34