Jul 24, 2012, 9:04 AM EDT
Minnesota thinks it has found it’s long-term backup for Ricky Rubio.
“Minnesota’s a good, young and ambitious team,” said Shved, who also had offers from the Memphis Grizzlies and Cleveland Cavaliers. “All those factors were reasons to choose this club in particular, plus coach Adelman. They say that Rick trusts young players and discovers talents, and I’m ready to work for my part…”
Shved can play both guard positions. He averaged 10.6 points and 3.0 assists in the Euroleague, shooting 48.7 percent — 49.3 percent on three-pointers. In 22 Russian League games, he averaged 11.3 points and 3.3 assists.
I honestly don’t know much about Shved other than that he played for powerhouse CSKA Moscow, but DraftExpress has said he’s got a fluid game that should translate well to the NBA — his strengths are in the open court and as the pick-and-roll ball handler.
We will see, if he can be a solid backup behind Rubio for the next few years this will look like a very smart move.
- Bugs Bunny teases the Jordan XXX in interview with Ahmad Rashad (VIDEO) 1
- Report: LeBron James calls the plays, Cavaliers coach David Blatt repeats them to team 50
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 14
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 20
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13