Jul 24, 2012, 9:04 AM EDT
Minnesota thinks it has found it’s long-term backup for Ricky Rubio.
“Minnesota’s a good, young and ambitious team,” said Shved, who also had offers from the Memphis Grizzlies and Cleveland Cavaliers. “All those factors were reasons to choose this club in particular, plus coach Adelman. They say that Rick trusts young players and discovers talents, and I’m ready to work for my part…”
Shved can play both guard positions. He averaged 10.6 points and 3.0 assists in the Euroleague, shooting 48.7 percent — 49.3 percent on three-pointers. In 22 Russian League games, he averaged 11.3 points and 3.3 assists.
I honestly don’t know much about Shved other than that he played for powerhouse CSKA Moscow, but DraftExpress has said he’s got a fluid game that should translate well to the NBA — his strengths are in the open court and as the pick-and-roll ball handler.
We will see, if he can be a solid backup behind Rubio for the next few years this will look like a very smart move.
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 15
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 44
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 53
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11