Jul 24, 2012, 9:04 AM EDT
Minnesota thinks it has found it’s long-term backup for Ricky Rubio.
“Minnesota’s a good, young and ambitious team,” said Shved, who also had offers from the Memphis Grizzlies and Cleveland Cavaliers. “All those factors were reasons to choose this club in particular, plus coach Adelman. They say that Rick trusts young players and discovers talents, and I’m ready to work for my part…”
Shved can play both guard positions. He averaged 10.6 points and 3.0 assists in the Euroleague, shooting 48.7 percent — 49.3 percent on three-pointers. In 22 Russian League games, he averaged 11.3 points and 3.3 assists.
I honestly don’t know much about Shved other than that he played for powerhouse CSKA Moscow, but DraftExpress has said he’s got a fluid game that should translate well to the NBA — his strengths are in the open court and as the pick-and-roll ball handler.
We will see, if he can be a solid backup behind Rubio for the next few years this will look like a very smart move.
- Son tweets Craig Sager has acute leukemia 5
- The Al Jefferson Effect: Now that the Bobcats are playoff-bound, how they want their big man to help next 6
- 2014 PBT Awards: Coach of the Year 22
- Carmelo Anthony: “I want to come back…I also want to win.” 42
- Kobe tells Lakers’ fans to “flush” last season, has been cleared to run, shoot, prepare for next season 50