Summer League standout Malcolm Thomas has many suitors

Jul 24, 2012, 12:52 PM EST

Malcolm Thomas Getty Images

For a guy on the fringe, a good showing at Summer League can change your fortunes.

Meet Malcolm Thomas. The “other forward” at San Diego State when Kawhi Leonard was there who spent last season in the D-League with a couple of call ups.

But at Summer League in Las Vegas he looked very good for the Chicago Bulls, averaging 11.4 points and 12.4 rebounds per game. He made our man Scott Schroeder’s list of the best at Summer League.

And now he has a lot of teams of after him, tweets Marc Spears of Yahoo Sports.

Forward Malcolm Thomas, the only free agent on the All-Summer League team, getting solid interest primarily from ATL, CHA, CHI and LAC.

Looks like Thomas is going to get paid next season. Summer League can do that for you.

1. tomossriceenoughsaid - Jul 24, 2012 at 12:55 PM

him and taj gibson could be a form of twin towers!

• itsthemelman82 - Jul 24, 2012 at 1:44 PM

Twin towers… Ehhh that might be a slight bit much but, I like that idea of having the both on the court together! Thomas is a little smaller than Taj but he played like a beast. He would easily be the best offseason move pick up of the Bulls.

• tomossriceenoughsaid - Jul 24, 2012 at 2:53 PM

for sure man sometimes I let my excitement exaggerate my opinions. But I really hope the bulls pick him up.

• itsthemelman82 - Jul 24, 2012 at 4:22 PM

I like that enthusiasm, wish all Bulls fans would have more of it on here! I hear you, I’d be just as happy as you to see him on the Bulls!

• skinsfanwill - Jul 25, 2012 at 8:59 AM

You really want another forward in Chicago. How about getting a 2 guard. Rip is washed up and can’t stay healthy.

Could Sixers be worst team in NBA history?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches