Jul 24, 2012, 7:44 PM EDT
They apparently have found a home for him in the Big Easy, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports and the NBC Sports Network.
Hornets, Suns, Wolves are nearing agreement on a 3-way deal that would send Robin Lopez to the Hornets in a sign-and-trade, sources tell Y!
There is another shoe to drop here, we’re not sure what Minnesota gets out of this. Woj says part of the package is the contract of the retiring Brad Miller, plus Jerome Dyson and draft picks. They will want more for giving up a former lottery pick (Johnson was No. 4 overall) and a future pick.
I like this for the Hornets. Anthony Davis is the future inside, but this gives coach Monty Williams options. He can play Davis at the four next to Lopez, or play Davis at center and have newly-signed Ryan Anderson as the stretch four. Warrick is a decent backup.
The Suns are rebuilding a first round pick has value to them. Johnson gets a fresh start on a team that has minutes to give, which is all he can ask for.
- Report: Klay Thompson’s camp ‘frustrated’ Warriors have yet to offer a max contract extension 6
- Report: Kobe Bryant viewed Dwight Howard leaving Lakers in free agency as ‘a positive’ 43
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 19
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70