Jul 24, 2012, 7:44 PM EDT
They apparently have found a home for him in the Big Easy, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports and the NBC Sports Network.
Hornets, Suns, Wolves are nearing agreement on a 3-way deal that would send Robin Lopez to the Hornets in a sign-and-trade, sources tell Y!
There is another shoe to drop here, we’re not sure what Minnesota gets out of this. Woj says part of the package is the contract of the retiring Brad Miller, plus Jerome Dyson and draft picks. They will want more for giving up a former lottery pick (Johnson was No. 4 overall) and a future pick.
I like this for the Hornets. Anthony Davis is the future inside, but this gives coach Monty Williams options. He can play Davis at the four next to Lopez, or play Davis at center and have newly-signed Ryan Anderson as the stretch four. Warrick is a decent backup.
The Suns are rebuilding a first round pick has value to them. Johnson gets a fresh start on a team that has minutes to give, which is all he can ask for.
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 47
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 29
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3