Jul 24, 2012, 7:44 PM EST
They apparently have found a home for him in the Big Easy, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports and the NBC Sports Network.
Hornets, Suns, Wolves are nearing agreement on a 3-way deal that would send Robin Lopez to the Hornets in a sign-and-trade, sources tell Y!
There is another shoe to drop here, we’re not sure what Minnesota gets out of this. Woj says part of the package is the contract of the retiring Brad Miller, plus Jerome Dyson and draft picks. They will want more for giving up a former lottery pick (Johnson was No. 4 overall) and a future pick.
I like this for the Hornets. Anthony Davis is the future inside, but this gives coach Monty Williams options. He can play Davis at the four next to Lopez, or play Davis at center and have newly-signed Ryan Anderson as the stretch four. Warrick is a decent backup.
The Suns are rebuilding a first round pick has value to them. Johnson gets a fresh start on a team that has minutes to give, which is all he can ask for.
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 0
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 12
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 24
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 5
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 7
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 7
- Pau Gasol’s trade tip put his and Marc Gasol’s All-Star futures in motion 3