Jul 24, 2012, 7:44 PM EDT
They apparently have found a home for him in the Big Easy, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports and the NBC Sports Network.
Hornets, Suns, Wolves are nearing agreement on a 3-way deal that would send Robin Lopez to the Hornets in a sign-and-trade, sources tell Y!
There is another shoe to drop here, we’re not sure what Minnesota gets out of this. Woj says part of the package is the contract of the retiring Brad Miller, plus Jerome Dyson and draft picks. They will want more for giving up a former lottery pick (Johnson was No. 4 overall) and a future pick.
I like this for the Hornets. Anthony Davis is the future inside, but this gives coach Monty Williams options. He can play Davis at the four next to Lopez, or play Davis at center and have newly-signed Ryan Anderson as the stretch four. Warrick is a decent backup.
The Suns are rebuilding a first round pick has value to them. Johnson gets a fresh start on a team that has minutes to give, which is all he can ask for.
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 8
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 19
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 14
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 8
- Mike Krzyzewski would trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love with “not one second of hesitancy” 70
- Mario Chalmers: “I never thought anybody would want to leave Miami for Cleveland” 66
- Las Vegas Summer League review: How did Andrew Wiggins, other lottery picks fare? 14